Hey y'all

rickerdo

Just wanted to say hey to everyone. I've been in TX for almost 2 years now and loving every minute of it! We finally finished our house in Murphy, TX (pics - http://www.savantex.net/gallery/main.php?g...g2_itemId=1681), so I've been surfing Cocoontech.com for several months now and must say it's a HUGE wealth of knowledge! Thanks to all involved!

I was amazed at how many of you are in the DFW area. It's also great to know that AO is close enough to be able to physically see and touch (ahh the important part) new gadgets before plunking down the cashola.

I've been planning the HA/AV system for almost a year now, and still haven't done much. For now I have a handful of Insteon switches & dimmers, and connected the DSC alarm that came with the house to a Linux box running ECS. If I have to use a PC at all, I prefer it to be Linux based and since ECS is the only HA app that supports both the DSC and Insteon, that's what I chose (for the time being anyway). Well, that and Mark at omnipotencesoftware.com was kind enough to grant me a free copy for helping him develop the DSC components. Mark's a great guy and has a really nice product.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have many questions regarding my plans. For now, I just wanted to say hey.

Rick

Ah, another junkie that will be going to AO for his weekly fix. :D Welcome to CocoonTech...

Awesome house. Now you have to live 100 more years to enjoy it (and pay for it to I bet :D )

Welcome to CT

Welcome to CT and Texas!!!

If you are available you should drop by AO on Sat. May 19th for our HA Group meeting at 10:00 AM. If you are intrested PM me your info and I will add you to the list.

Back