Home Assistant?

@Macromark

When using Node Red I did a bunch of copy and pasting of templates and then modify them. 

I posted my stuff on Homeseer a few years back.  I did not see too much interest back then in Node Red.

IE: Initially tested my 1-Wire stuff with it using hardware like the old Midon Temp05/08 serial hardware.  Graphing et al.

Moved my 1-Wire stuff over to using modded Sonoff's for up to 5 temperature sensors.  Easier than Node red as the Sonoff talks MQTT; nothing like Node Red though.

The Alexa TTS is just a Home Assistant Plugin and I have Home Assistant talking to Homeseer (and vice versa).

All of the work is done for you (no Node Red). The Alexa Node Red stuff originally came from the HA Alexa media project.

Pushing the Micro PC a bit running Homeseer, Home Assistant, Node Red, Oracle VB of W7e (where I do Windows only Homeseer stuff).  Hodgepodge.

Here is the automation used:  

1 - name: garage door open alexa
2 - Trigger
Trigger type: MQTT
If MQTT = garage door open
3 - Actions
call service: notify.alexa_media_ics_echodot1

There are many examples on the Alexa Media Wiki.

The Echo Dot1 is connected to the audio input of the Russound amp.  It sits on the rack with the microphone muted.

You can call the Alexa service to any of the Alexa devices you have in your home.

@Neil,

Here is the Wiki:

hxxps://github.com/custom-components/alexa_media_player/wiki

For trying or testing new stuff you can post your questions over here ==>

hxxps://community.home-assistant.io/t/echo-devices-alexa-as-media-player-testers-needed/58639

It is now an official HomeAssistant plugin such that you do not have to manually install it

I have it running on the HA docker version running on a Mini Intel PC and HASSIO running on a Pine64.

I will do a video of the Alexa Show talking zone status.  She sounds much like my SAPI Neospeech Kate talking.

Have not recorded a video yet. 

The is a time lag (1,2,3 seconds) relating to Alexa TTS as there is using any speech proxy methodology like internal Squeezeplayer proxies, Chromecast proxies et al.  More pronounced when using the Internet.  BUT if you have Alexa devices all over the place then it's a nice have of TTS.

IE: the SAPI Homeseer speech is instant when opening and closing the sliding glass door where it is not as fast with Alexa TTS and a couple of seconds off.

Back