Home audio / TV question

ginnytr

OK, so swimming through some more of this stuff...

I am planning whole house audio with a Russound or Xantech type system--wow! those xantech lcds are nice. I am wondering if I need the video distribution part of this. Is this primarily for lcd control panels? Or is it to have the sound for the tv over the room speakers? I want to be able to have 2 satellite boxes & an over the air antennae, then be able to watch tv in any room (limited to the 3 different sources). We are not a big TV family and not really into needing huge screens and the top HD signals. Just trying to figure out how to have multiple televisions with only 2 satellite boxes. It is rare for even 1 tv to be on, but it is nice to be able to choose where to view. We are just breaking ground, so I am trying to see what wiring plans I need to make. I will probably run 2 cat5 to each audio control area, plus speaker wire. Does this sound reasonable?

OK, so swimming through some more of this stuff...

I am planning whole house audio with a Russound or Xantech type system--wow! those xantech lcds are nice. I am wondering if I need the video distribution part of this. Is this primarily for lcd control panels? Or is it to have the sound for the tv over the room speakers? I want to be able to have 2 satellite boxes & an over the air antennae, then be able to watch tv in any room (limited to the 3 different sources). We are not a big TV family and not really into needing huge screens and the top HD signals. Just trying to figure out how to have multiple televisions with only 2 satellite boxes. It is rare for even 1 tv to be on, but it is nice to be able to choose where to view. We are just breaking ground, so I am trying to see what wiring plans I need to make. I will probably run 2 cat5 to each audio control area, plus speaker wire. Does this sound reasonable?

Here is a link to some good general info on wiring, including a link back to cocoontech with some great wiring prep resources.
http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki/in...tomation_Wiring

Back