Homeseer 2 and Tasker

huggy59

I'm still running HS2 and probably won't upgrade to HS3 as it still doesn't fully support the Ocelot family of controllers upon which my system relies.  And I'm cheap!  So first off, I'm looking for solutions that work with HS2.

I have Tasker on my Android and I can do a lot with it, but I'm running into issues in trying to set presence based on my phone being within the home.  I'm interested in how others are using Tasker with HS2 to detect whether I'm (my phone) is home or not.  

I did take a look at Electron's write-up, but it uses URLs to set device strings or run events that seem to be no longer possible with HS2 - specifically the /stif and /evls POST URLs.  Any other solutions?  

And an aside, how does one set a device status or string via a browser POST or GET in HS2?  is this no longer possible?

Thanks.

Thanks Sparkman1, but I can't seem to get Request.QueryString to work in my HS2 ASP pages.  Is there something I'm missing?  Do you know of any example code I can look at?

Here's an example that should work (save it in the html folder as qstest.asp).  I don't have HS2 running anymore so can't confirm it's working with it, but I believe the syntax is correct for both HS2 and HS3.  Call it using http://ipaddress/qstest.asp?test=abcd

Cheers
Al

<%

'retrieve values from the command line and get ip address of the device accessing the page
test = request.querystring("test")
ipAddress = Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")
response.send test
response.send "<BR>"
response.send ipAddress

%>

Thanks Al, I got it before you posted this.  I'm doing it this way:

who = Request.QueryString("home")
   Response.Write (who)

Seems to be working just fine.

Back