homeseer 2.x

rismoney

Specific issue:

I am currently using an old version of homeseer pro.  I have only really used it for managing upb devices via hstouch.
Is it possible to use this old version to create a device that shows up in hstouch that can interact with serial port to control an obsolete multi-channel amp.

I have seen drule's ip and serial plugin.
I have the commands, connection, and configuration set, but is a device needed?

Overarching issue:
Ideally I would like to ditch homeseer, and start anew with a new controller or some other tech, but I don't know of much else that can support upb light switches with ease from my android.

I am currently using an old version of homeseer pro.  I have only really used it for managing upb devices via hstouch.
Is it possible to use this old version to create a device that shows up in hstouch that can interact with serial port to control an obsolete multi-channel amp.

Yes.

I have the commands, connection, and configuration set, but is a device needed?

No and Yes depending. 

Homeseer 3 Homeseer touch is much better these days than Homeseer 2 touch.  Try it; you'll like it.

I utilize virtual devices and real devices, events and triggers based on these to trigger hardware connected devices.

Some folks have been using device statuses that occur by the millisecond and tracking these per connected automation devices all of it starting on a need to know (because you can).  Later then actioning on the need to know (everything) then inundating so many triggers and events that the event engine starts to have issues keeping up. Then you also get a mix of circular references, forgotten nested loops that seemingly appear out of no where.

I am currently using UPB for all of my in wall light switches.  It is managed today by the OmniPro 2, Homeseer 2 and Homeseer 3.

I can utilize UPB double clicks / buttons with links and stuff on the switches to do other automated stuff on the OmniPro panel.

There are scripts out there in internetlandia (and the Homeseer Forum that let you cook your own serial communications with whatever and plug n play). 

Homeseer touch and touch designer support Windows, iOS and Android clients, IFTTT, Amazon Alexa, Microsoft Kinect, OmniPro 2, Russound, et al.  IE: if you don't want to speak to Alexa, you can speak to Cortana then tell Cortana to speak to Alexa and Alexa do stuff on Homeseer 3.

I can do the same with the OmniPro 2 panel using a UPB device to do or control other devices plugged in the panel.

Back