Homeseer Board

mdiehl said:
Be that as it may, something is still broken if it doesn't see the drivers, and the ARE in the right place and extracted properly. Not too impressive.
I know what you mean about the drivers issues! I still use HS as the backend for my system, and 1.7x is running quite stable for me. Home Seer Phone is another story. I dumped that many months ago. I spend COUNTLESS hours trying to get the modem, purchased from HST themselves, to work with HSP. I tried it on 2 different computer systems, and eventually a new fresh OS install on my HA machine. I could use the modem to dial in to my backup modem line to use if DSL is down, it worked with 5 different other caller ID programs to report the caller ID when the phone rang, and I cant remember how may other programs it worked with to answer the phone (worked with all of them I tested at least), spit out a greeting and record the message all quite perfectly. HSP refused to see the caller ID, or access the modem for anything else other than sending direct AT commands to the modem in VBscripts such as to dial the phone for me to call someone, using the same COM port HSP was set to. That is pretty messed up there, when you can use a HS script with com port 2 in a VBScript to access the modem, and HSP could not even see the modem!

I posted help ticket after help ticket, message after message in the forums....and just finally ditched the software for a far better software answering machine replacement. I still use the modem and hardware wise it works quite well.

There is no reason to respond to this post with offers of help for the modem, as I have no intentions of trying to get HSP working. I am simply stating this, to agree with the above drivers comment, and say I totally understand.

Yep Ski', we Mac guys are a cantankerous lot, we've even been known to import Fire Ant Hills up north during the winter just for the sole purpose of getting the point across to software authors who... :)

mdiehl said:
Be that as it may, something is still broken if it doesn't see the drivers, and the ARE in the right place and extracted properly. Not too impressive.
I guess some of us are better at this than others :) I plugged the device in and loaded the drivers from the updater and it's worked fine since installation. Your Mac has spoiled you.

mdiehl said:
Yep Ski', we Mac guys are a cantankerous lot, we've even been known to import Fire Ant Hills up north during the winter just for the sole purpose of getting the point across to software authors who... :)
Watch it... or I'll send SNOW! :D

Skibum said:
mdiehl said:
Watch it... or I'll send SNOW! :D
Send me some please just not too much.

Ohio could use some. Haven't had a good snow in two years! Why I remember when I was young back in the last Ice Age... :)

mdiehl said:
Ohio could use some. Haven't had a good snow in two years! Why I remember when I was young back in the last Ice Age... :D

. . .. When home automation consisted of chucking rocks at the young'uns until they pulled the mammoth hide across the cave opening. :lol:

Please Please PLEASE send some snow this way! I'm not getting ANY break on the electric bill this year! We still have not been able to shut the A/C off and open the windows :lol:

JohnWPB said:
Please Please PLEASE send some snow this way! I'm not getting ANY break on the electric bill this year! We still have not been able to shut the A/C off and open the windows :D
John,
Now that is rubbing it in... :lol:

we're sure not suffering from a lack of snow here! We were able to take the snowmobiles out last weekend!

Attachments

• cycler.jpg
    cycler.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 20
Back