Homeseer HSTouch Touch Screen Software

Sounds like a really interesting solution, I hope the designer will be really easy to use, but yet be really flexible.

And I'm wondering how many instances of HSTouch + Speaker App can be loaded onto a Hometroller to serve Touchtronix screens directly through UTMA?

so, i have questions stemming from this thread:

1. the Elk touchscreen runs CE? how else would it be able to run HSTouch?

2. HSTouch is a piece of software that runs on a client and talks to the host? Or is it an interface that runs on the host and lets a client access it?

3. the current Windows limitation means there will be no way to use a Nokia 770 with this?

so, i have questions stemming from this thread:

1. the Elk touchscreen runs CE? how else would it be able to run HSTouch?

Correct

2. HSTouch is a piece of software that runs on a client and talks to the host? Or is it an interface that runs on the host and lets a client access it?

Runs on a remote client or a UTMA session driving a Touchtronix screen (which could be on a remote box or your main HA PC)

3. the current Windows limitation means there will be no way to use a Nokia 770 with this?

Correct

And I'm wondering how many instances of HSTouch + Speaker App can be loaded onto a Hometroller to serve Touchtronix screens directly through UTMA?

Mike,

Based on my quick glance at the Hometroller specs, it might not carry more than 1 or 2 ipTouch (UTMA) sessions. Also, the load requirements for the NComputing software is very heavily dependent on the application software. Fat applications will require a more beefy server, lightweight apps require less. Because of this I cannot provide any hard rules about sizing the server.

-Dwayne

Mike,

Based on my quick glance at the Hometroller specs, it might not carry more than 1 or 2 ipTouch (UTMA) sessions. Also, the load requirements for the NComputing software is very heavily dependent on the application software. Fat applications will require a more beefy server, lightweight apps require less. Because of this I cannot provide any hard rules about sizing the server.

-Dwayne

Looks like the Homeseer folks need to come out with a "ScreenTroller" product to use with their HSTouch software. Similiar to the HomeTroller in that it runs XP embedded and uses HSSentry and HSProtect. Instead of being loaded with Homeseer it would run NComputing software and support several instances of HSTouch and the Homeseer Speaker app. Then folks can just add the number of Touchtonix screens they need. (For many screens a second ScreenTroller may be required).

Back