Homeseer Resource Page

TrOjAn

Hi all,

I have decided to create a website on my domain (as its not doing anything else) for Homeseer Resources.

Hopefully people will send me links to resources that I can put on the page so others may be able to have a central place for locating plugins, scripts etc.

As HST have stopped certain plugin authors from posting their plugins / scripts and website urls the people to suffer most is the end user.

The resource page is at http://uktrash.org and is an UNBIASED resource page.

PLEASE post any resources, webpages you feel should be on there.

TrOjAn

Trojan,
It might help to not start rumors and tell why "certain plugin authors from posting their plugins / scripts and website urls " . The fact is if you sell your plugins via the HomeSeer store you get a free forum to post your "plugins / scripts and website urls ". If you choose to sell them on your own then you don't.

It may also help if the guys here know why "certain plugin authors" have left the HomeSeer bulletin board.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t...&highlight=gods

Weather you agree with what took place or not there are still some people who will do the "right thing" and others that will not.

It's good that you want to help others though.

No offense Rupp, but that entire 'story' is BS in my very personal opinion. As much as I like Jim, I don't think this is right. Blade did not steal any code from Jim's plugin (it's way easier to start from scratch than to decompile someone elses product and steal that). Now his site is censored because he decided not to use HST's updater service as the delivery platform? The HST forums (and company attitude) definitely changed (for the worse) in the last few years ;)
Trojan,
It might help to not start rumors and tell why "certain plugin authors from posting their plugins / scripts and website urls " . The fact is if you sell your plugins via the HomeSeer store you get a free forum to post your "plugins / scripts and website urls ". If you choose to sell them on your own then you don't.

It may also help if the guys here know why "certain plugin authors" have left the HomeSeer bulletin board.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t...&highlight=gods

Weather you agree with what took place or not there are still some people who will do the "right thing" and others that will not.

It's good that you want to help others though.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO..

Lets PLEASE not go down this OLD story line again.. PLEASE!!!!!!

I just wanted to make a central place for plugins and scripts... Jesus H, why does every thing end in arguments.

Rupp, I tried to PM Blades website address to someone that ASKED me for it.. thats ALL, when I clicked send the url turned into HTTP://******************** so its been put on a word list in the forum options.

Thats the ONLY reason I thought of a place where EVERYONE can go and get link info for Homeseer Resources.. I have J.Doolittles and Homeseer listed on there as I do not censor stuff... I am trying to help OTHERS.

TrOjAn

I also did NOT post on HST forums either to try and avoid people getting upset.

Greg,

I will restate this again. I did not steal any of Jims code at all. I wrote it from scratch. I had thought that thread was dead but I guess people are still holding a grudge about it because since then Rich no longer replies to any of my emails, which is very sad indeed.

I also submitted a help desk ticket last week and have not heard one word about it since I entered it. I am assuming that they are just not talking to me anymore, which is their choice I guess. I was told the help desk ticket was resolved but I have not seem any reply about it. If indeed it is resolved then a reply would be the least they could do.

I don't know what else to say so I will leave it at that

Trojan:

I liked the Bit** link. It just entices you to click on it. So I was one of the three people.

- Mike

Isn't this America, where you are innocent until PROVEN guilty? Does HST have some proof that Blade did something illegal or unethical? I have no idea - maybe Blade and Jim should both send their source code to HST for examination? I personally have no idea, and I am 100% for taking action against illegal or unethical things. But it would be really sad for HST to blacklist/ban or whatever you want to call it over some perhaps 'suspected' actions. It is very easy to make screens LOOK identical while still having very different code behind it.

I'm neutral, but just want to see the right thing happen, if Blade is guilty of copying code, then yes, he should be banned/boycotted or whatever. But if he is truly innocent then these actions are extreme and plain wrong, especially for somebody who has given so much to the community.

If this truly is another knee jerk reaction, then it is yet another shot in the foot by HST management.

Bottom line is some neutral party should look at the code and make a determination, and either a permananet ban with an explanation - or a reversal and apology are in order - and the right thing to do.

The last thing we need here is more speculation, accusations, etc. Just do the RIGHT thing.

Dan,
It truly hurts to hear you say that. Jim worked for years on that app. Would you have duplicated an app that someone else has worked on for years and sell it? If so then I would loose a lot of respect for you.

Rupp said:
Dan,
It truly hurts to hear you say that. Jim worked for years on that app. Would you have duplicated an app that someone else has worked on for years and sell it? If so then I would loose a lot of respect for you.
Rupp,

I think you are a little confused. I do not support theft of code at all (being a programmer myself), but, imo, this is a different issue.

Someone created software which offers similar functionality as an existing package, but offers it for a lesser price. This is what free market is all about, just look at linux, unix, bsd, solaris, Windows, MacOS, etc.. There is room for all of them.

I wrote my.elk, yet there is a plugin out there that offers similar functionality. Neither Mark or I are experiencing these problems. On top of that, HST is now censoring the site which sells an add-on for their OWN core product (which doesn't make sense really).

Tell me where I am going wrong?

Rupp said:
Steve,
HST does have both sets of code. No more needs to be said.
Are you saying that Blade copied Jim's code? There is a lot more that needs to be said if such accusations are made.

Rupp said:
Steve said:
Isn't this America, where you are innocent until PROVEN guilty? Does HST have some proof that Blade did something illegal or unethical? I have no idea - maybe Blade and Jim should both send their source code to HST for examination? I personally have no idea, and I am 100% for taking action against illegal or unethical things. But it would be really sad for HST to blacklist/ban or whatever you want to call it over some perhaps 'suspected' actions. It is very easy to make screens LOOK identical while still having very different code behind it.

I'm neutral, but just want to see the right thing happen, if Blade is guilty of copying code, then yes, he should be banned/boycotted or whatever. But if he is truly innocent then these actions are extreme and plain wrong, especially for somebody who has given so much to the community.

If this truly is another knee jerk reaction, then it is yet another shot in the foot by HST management.

Bottom line is some neutral party should look at the code and make a determination, and either a permananet ban with an explanation - or a reversal and apology are in order - and the right thing to do.

The last thing we need here is more speculation, accusations, etc. Just do the RIGHT thing.
Steve,
HST does have both sets of code. No more needs to be said.
I am confused here.

HST does not have my code. Who told you that?

Guy Lavoie said:
Looks like another unfortunate case of a friendly hobby atmosphere getting divided by money matters. Sad.
Guy, Dan and others.

My sentiments exactly. Dan it's one thing to do this if you do not know or care about the person who was the original author it's another when you know the person. Bob may have not known Jim and obviously didn't care. It's all about caring that all. If you see it a different way then we are very different people.

Dan,
Your the one that stated that the HomeSeer bulletin board has changed and yet you say it's the free market,etc. Which is it. Do we keep it the same and stay away from duplicating a good plugin or do we all jump in and create similar plugins to sell them cheaper. You can have it both ways.

Back