HomeSeer Technologies Releases HomeSeer 2.1

Congrats to HomeSeer. I really do wish them the best but I am still not sold on the outcome of making it network distributable. With .net remoting making network distrubution so easy I am not sure why they would not make the software 100% distributable like CQC does. Why stop with only TTS and Audio. Why not do as CQC and allow devices to be connected to one computer and utilized on others. So I guess what I am trying to say is that I will be sticking with CQC. But congrats on the progress homeseer.

That's coming Squintz. HST wanted to get the "base" software ported over and stable. Now comes the good stuff we've all been waiting for. The Remoting opens up a whole new world.

Rupp said:
The fact that I can hear my all of my PC's speech from home at work is really a nice benefit.
Cool, never thought about doing that! If the Stargate plugin gets fixed so I can use Homseer 2.1 (and if I ever get a job) I'm going to give that a try!

I would suggest that the last part of this thread be moved. This was a thread about HomeSeer releasing software, not CQC's architecture.

Back