How To Arm with Open Windows

I installed a few of the wireless sensors on my windows, and I set them up in the ELK as Burglar Perimeter Instant and where I am having my trouble is when I am trying to arm my system with the windows open. I also have them set up as Bypassable, but that isn't really helping. I was wondering what others are doing to use their window sensors with their system.

Do I have to bypass them first, then open the windows? Or is there a way that I can use a rule or another automatic way to bypass them?

Thanks for any help with this

How are you trying to arm? IIRC, if you are using a code or RFID fob, then you can configure to arm as normal. If you are just pressing the arm button, then you may need to bypass first.

I'm not 100% sure of your question. However, I think "force arming" may be what you are looking for in the ELK.

Just as another option, if you keep your windows open alot, you can get a second magnet to put on the window and place the wireless contact part so that there is a magnet holding it closed/set when the window is both opened and closed. That way you don't have to completely bypass the zone. Granted, if someone comes thru the open window without touching it at all then its no better than having the window bypassed, but if it is still armed and somebody just moves the window, you will still get alarm.

How are you trying to arm? IIRC, if you are using a code or RFID fob, then you can configure to arm as normal. If you are just pressing the arm button, then you may need to bypass first.

I am trying to arm using the arm button for Arm Away, but I am using a rule in the Elk to Arm Stay at night. I don't think the Arm Stay command worked last night, I will have to check again.

Just as another option, if you keep your windows open alot, you can get a second magnet to put on the window and place the wireless contact part so that there is a magnet holding it closed/set when the window is both opened and closed. That way you don't have to completely bypass the zone. Granted, if someone comes thru the open window without touching it at all then its no better than having the window bypassed, but if it is still armed and somebody just moves the window, you will still get alarm.

Are the magnets readily available? I haven't search for any yet, but I purchased the sensors from Automated Outlet, would they have them?

Thanks.

Are the magnets readily available? I haven't search for any yet, but I purchased the sensors from Automated Outlet, would they have them?
You should be able to use another magnet of the same type that you originally used. Automated Outlet should be able to supply you with additional magnets for your particular switches. There is a new alternative, not sure if it's available to the general public, where the magnet is about 9" long. This allows you to keep the window open up to 9" while the system thinks it's still closed. Open the window beyond 9" and the switch opens.

You should be able to use another magnet of the same type that you originally used. Automated Outlet should be able to supply you with additional magnets for your particular switches. There is a new alternative, not sure if it's available to the general public, where the magnet is about 9" long. This allows you to keep the window open up to 9" while the system thinks it's still closed. Open the window beyond 9" and the switch opens.

That's an interesting option, I will have to search for them. I will also contact Automated Outlet about the magnets. I was just on their new website and not too many parts were coming up, and I couldn't log in to check on my account so I will wait until tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks.

That's an interesting option, I will have to search for them. I will also contact Automated Outlet about the magnets. I was just on their new website and not too many parts were coming up, and I couldn't log in to check on my account so I will wait until tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks.

I had to reset my pw for their new site.

btw you would need to set the zone to bypassable in elkrp, and I beleive it should arm

Thanks.

I had to reset my pw for their new site.

btw you would need to set the zone to bypassable in elkrp, and I beleive it should arm

Thanks I will try resetting it.

Back