how to do lutron radiora2 integration with hai?

I there i got 12 led dimmer radio ra2 in my house.. and 4 radio ra2 6 buttons keypadsal. have panel omni pro ii and my security windows and doors and motions are connected with hai panel..my concern is how i tie up lutron radio ra2 to hai panel.. basically i connected main repeater to hai panel through serial port.. what is the next?
I am little confused about processing of lighting control.. do i have to set up and programs all lights to my lutron lighti g software or should hai do the programming and set up of lighting ?
Pls advice me how i do it in dealer access software step by step. .that be so helpful...

Before connecting RA2 system to HAI you have to use RA configuration software to set up your lighting system. Then

1. Set the Serial Function for the serial port on the HAI controller to RadioRA 2.
2. Set the House Code Format for the desired units in the HAI controller to RadioRA 2.
3. Each RadioRA 2 device is assigned an integration ID by the RadioRA 2 system. The integration IDs may be viewed from the “IDs” tab of the “Settings | Integration” menu item in the RadioRA 2 configuration software.   Using HAI PC Access software, enter the integration ID for each device into the “Node ID” field for the corresponding HAI unit.

Now you can use RA2 units in HAI automation programming.

Also you can take advantage of the HAI trigger "On RadioRA button press". For example, if you have an RA2 button programmed to activate an All Off sceen, you can trigger HAI actions when this button is pressed, like arm the system and set back the thermostat.

picta said:
Before connecting RA2 system to HAI you have to use RA configuration software to set up your lighting system. Then

1. Set the Serial Function for the serial port on the HAI controller to RadioRA 2.
2. Set the House Code Format for the desired units in the HAI controller to RadioRA 2.
3. Each RadioRA 2 device is assigned an integration ID by the RadioRA 2 system. The integration IDs may be viewed from the “IDs” tab of the “Settings | Integration” menu item in the RadioRA 2 configuration software.   Using HAI PC Access software, enter the integration ID for each device into the “Node ID” field for the corresponding HAI unit.

Now you can use RA2 units in HAI automation programming.

Also you can take advantage of the HAI trigger "On RadioRA button press". For example, if you have an RA2 button programmed to activate an All Off sceen, you can trigger HAI actions when this button is pressed, like arm the system and set back the thermostat.
thanx for advising me.
1)i have done so far in pc access house format all devices to radio ra2 and given them their ids number under the node id section through pc access delaer software.
2) i have questions to ask how 6 button keypad and dimmers will work further more?
3) do i need to do anything in pc access under scenes, buttons sections?
4) its to complicated..first talk about scenes under pc access software. when i click on scene option and then i see radio ra2 phantom buttons option but what will be next step there>
5) second when i go to buttons section i see 255 buttons on pc access..so i got 6 buttons radio ra2 keypads total 4 kp on the wall so thats means i have total 24 buttons which i need to enter the name and description each buttons starting from 1 -24. thts how it gona work out for keypads buttons in pc access software?

6) although i am confused between phantom buttons and buttons sections of pc access..are both sections are same ?
7) its really easy to do configuration all scenes and buttons under radio ra 2 software..

8) MY SCENARIO i want to control following dimmers:
family room dimmers x2, lving room dimmersx2, main door chandlier, outdoor post lights, office lights, kitchen light, loft area lightsx2,
6 buttons keypads total 4: main door keypad, living room keypad, kitchen area keypad, office keypad.
9) everthing is configured in radio ra 2 software. all the buttons of keypads are assigned already according to the zone name and locations..
now for hai integration everthing will be changed or remain same?

10) can you pls guide me step by step..thanx

1. The RadioRA loads can be controlled from HAI via the UNITS commands (on/off/dim etc.) Have you tried turning lights on/off from the Control menu of the PC access?
2. Your RA physical buttons on the keypads will control the loads/scenes as they are programmed. You can issue a command from HAI to activate the physical buttons. You can also assign scenes to Phantom buttons and then use "Press RA phantom button" command from HAI to activate the scene.
3. The HAI buttons section is NOT for RA buttons, but for the HAI macros. You can associate a HAI button with the RA button via this code:

WHEN Button#1
THEN Press RA button #XXX

Hii i having big program adding dimmers to radio ra2 through essentials software.. i added main repeater qnd aux repeater and keypads 6 button no problem.. but none of my 12 dimmers activated.. i even spent few hrs to ra2 tech support tried default each dimmers and reactivated again but no success yet.. i am using rrd-6cl-wh dimmers..i have all led bulbs ( luminus par20 each bulb 7w) in house.. is could be wrong dimmeri m using according to led type? There is something not let me doing activation.. moreover all dimmers manual i can turn off on nd bright high nd low but cant activate them under essential software.. pls help me if you knw anything.. i also might think if i have one dimmer switch only 7 bulbs on circuit total watts is 7×7 = 49 which is less than 50 watts. Might i need any anothing ra2 dimmer according to load or wht.. at the moment i dont know whats wrong with them

You can always try replacing one bulb with incandescent and see if that helps. Not sure what you mean about neutral wire, I thought CL dimmers do not have neutral wire terminal.

picta said:
1. The RadioRA loads can be controlled from HAI via the UNITS commands (on/off/dim etc.) Have you tried turning lights on/off from the Control menu of the PC access?
2. Your RA physical buttons on the keypads will control the loads/scenes as they are programmed. You can issue a command from HAI to activate the physical buttons. You can also assign scenes to Phantom buttons and then use "Press RA phantom button" command from HAI to activate the scene.
3. The HAI buttons section is NOT for RA buttons, but for the HAI macros. You can associate a HAI button with the RA button via this code:

WHEN Button#1
THEN Press RA button #XXX
I am trying to figure out how to program an Omnipro button to trigger/press a keypad button. I simply don't see the "Press RA button #XXX" in the programming options.

By the way the reason I want to do this as opposed to using a RR2 phantom button is that the physical keypad buttons can now be used to trigger Sonos. The Phantom buttons cannot.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

UPDATE:
I just figured this out.  The key is to to assign the RR2 Keypad to a Unit in Setup. (Find the integration number of keypad in your RR2 sofware).  Then in Automation the "then" Action, choose "Control (Unit/Output/Flag) as the Action Type.  Pick the keypad you just added for Select Unit and then chose "Keypad Button Press" for Select Unit Command.  Finally pick the physical button number you want to press.

Works great! 

Is it possible to integrate HAI and RadioRa2 in the opposite direction? I inherited a wired Omnistat2 thermostat that was previously hooked up to an Elan g! HC4 controller that is no longer hooked up, and without an Omni control panel. I've been fiddling to figure out a way to control the t-stat through either the RadioRa2 main repeater or an existing Z-Wave network.

Before scrapping the Omnistat2 and moving on to a new t-stat, is there a way to add the Omnistat2 to another auotmation system through the Serial RS232 protocol? If so, what hardware/software is required to communicate with the Omnistat2 without an Omni panel?

Back