How to program with DL900 software

riverrat321

Hi Guys,
I have the DL900 software and would like to learn the basics of programing a NX Panel with this software. I'm new to this. I know I need to program in a d/load access code which I do have. Do I then just dump in a standard default template with the dl900 software? What do I need to program aside from users and zone types? Thanks for the help with my silly questions.

You can save the template with your users, but more importantly you have to setup your individual zones and types. Plus you need to enter access area enter and exit times. You then download this to the Caddx board. Shortly after you download you should hear two quick "clicks" from the speaker/siren. The new settings should now be in effect.

I'm going from memory here as I haven't programed my panel in a long time! :p

Thank you for your help on this one. I'm very new to this so any help is very useful to me. There are so many options in the software. Hopefully then if I do my zone types, users, exit times and access area the rest will be ok.

I have the DL900 software, I've aslo installed a few NX-8e boxes with the software. The only problem is that i first figured out how to use the software by trial and error. So I may not know all the nessesary features of the software. Is there a user reference guide anywhere that may useful to some installers that have the DL900 software? Thank you

I have the DL900 software, I've aslo installed a few NX-8e boxes with the software. The only problem is that i first figured out how to use the software by trial and error. So I may not know all the nessesary features of the software. Is there a user reference guide anywhere that may useful to some installers that have the DL900 software? Thank you
GE's dealer website may have a tutorial. There is also a disk that they provide (distributed in training sessions they put on in various cities). I'll try to find some links later today.

I recommend programming the first time at the keypad. (unless you have an LED keypad). You will beome more familiar with the pgm'g and system features. We usually change some stuff that is default pgm'g. Also the software looks different than the keypad programming sheets. Going through location by location in the worksheets will ensure nothing gets overlooked. Then when you upload to your PC and look at the pgm'g you will recognize what you are seeing. JM2C

Back