How to troubleshoot M1 "ETHERNET TROUBLE"?

Sendero

In looking at my ELK logs I'm seeing a larger number of "ETHERNET TROUBLE" and "ETHERNET RESTORE" error messages. They seem to happen right after each other and at no set interval. Sometimes they are <10 mins apart, other times they are 30+ mins apart. Could this be caused by CQC? Any ideas/recommendations on how to track this down or fix it?

This is an Elk thing, pretty common from what I gather. I have tons of them too.

Spanky said:
What version M1XEP software are you running?
The Expander is firmware 1.22, Hardware 1.0, and Bootware 1.1.4. I just downloaded the 1.28 firmware and will see if that helps any.

Can't help with the troubleshooting, but another data point:

I'm on XEP FW 1.2.2, HW 1.0, Boot 1.1.4 and this XP has been in service for over a year.

I only ever see Ethernet Troubles when there's a power outage and my LAN switches or routers are offline because their UPS ran out of battery, but the M1 and XEP are still powered by their battery.

gcimmino said:
Can't help with the troubleshooting, but another data point:

I'm on XEP FW 1.2.2, HW 1.0, Boot 1.1.4 and this XP has been in service for over a year.

I only ever see Ethernet Troubles when there's a power outage and my LAN switches or routers are offline because their UPS ran out of battery, but the M1 and XEP are still powered by their battery.
do you run cqc connected to the elk over ethernet?

Sendero said:
Spanky said:
What version M1XEP software are you running?
The Expander is firmware 1.22, Hardware 1.0, and Bootware 1.1.4. I just downloaded the 1.28 firmware and will see if that helps any.
btw, I still have the issue after flashing to latest firmware.

Back