HS 2.0 is available (for real this time)

Of course they would release it in the middle of my sleep. But guess what...My wife leaves today for the ocean and I am staying home. I feel like one of the luckiest men alive :D

OK, Its been really quiet on their boards so far so either everyone is still sleeping or they are too busy installing and playing.

Who here has installed it and how have your experiences been so far?

(Waiting for feedback before i install it)

Say Ruppseer...

Can you post that link to your compatible device list again? (Or just tell me if the USB X-10 device is supported yet?)

Squintz,
Would you jump off the cliff it I do? :D

One of the largest stumbling blocks to many users upgrading is that dang W800 non existent plugin. Without this my HA is not automated.

Rupp said:
One of the largest stumbling blocks to many users upgrading is that dang W800 non existent plugin. Without this my HA is not automated.
This is a big limitation for me, too. I could live without being able to turn my lights on and off [1], but much of what I use HA for relies on using palmpads and DS10As (and a couple motion sensors).

[1] Not that I have to worry about that since I use the supported CM11A.

Rupp,

You are a plugin developer... Is it not possible for you to create a supported plug-in for the W800... I'd offer to help but I don't own one.

It takes a lot of effort to write something like the W800 plugin, and if I am not mistaken, the original author is working on a version which will work with 2.0.

electron said:
It takes a lot of effort to write something like the W800 plugin, and if I am not mistaken, the original author is working on a version which will work with 2.0.
That's my understanding, as well. It will be a more advanced plugin (more features) and will no longer be free.

I have no doubts that any plugins that I need will be available (I don't use many). But, if they aren't available, there isn't very much for me to play with and test.

Back