HS 2.0

JohnBullard

Need some help, please. Operator Error problem

Bought a new P4 3ghz 512mb box for HS 2.0. Leaving HS 1.7 and Ocelot on old box for now.

With HS 2.0, have HS PCI Modem with voices Kate and Paul. Using for caller ID announcements and logging. Works great on new box.

Wife's computer upstairs can log on to HS 2.0 to view caller ID log using

http://192.168.2.187/hspw?page=callerid Work great.

Did Speaker app only install on her machine from HS 2.0 updater, can't figure out the syntax for the connection. Unchecked the Connect local box under options. Using the default port 8742

Tried many combinations of 192.168.2.187 and still get cannot connect, error message:

8/24/2005 7:27:06 PM:Error attempting to connect to server, please check your connection options:
Can not connect to the remote host "gtcp://gtcp:". System error message: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: hostName

What is the syntax of the IP address I need to put in this box?

(No, not about to make such a simple post on the HS board. Don't even want to get involved with all of those angry, name calling posters over there :p )

Thanks

John,
The ipaddress is all you need. Is your HS servers firewall blocking the connection?

Greg,

Thanks, but it lets me get in to the caller ID log, and anything else on the HS box from my wife's machine through the web interface, expect I cannot get the Speaker app to connect, so I don't think it is a firewall problem.

Unless there is something different about the Speaker app that the XP firewall might be blocking?

Got it connected!!!! just used the 192.xxx.x.xxx syntax without the http:// and it connected. (Told you it was operator error :p )

Thanks

JohnBullard said:
No, not about to make such a simple post on the HS board. Don't even want to get involved with all of those angry, name calling posters over there
[long sigh] I know what you mean! [/long sigh] :p

lol,

I knew that Rupp, Jrfuda and some others were using the speaker app, and I also knew that my problem was ME, not the product.

I felt I could get help here easier, and Rupp's reply helped me think "simple", so it works great.

Back