HS and UPB Plugin

Good the see their listening. Tink seemed a bit grumpy when he got back from the show. Pretty angry post for him. I bet their getting pretty tired of chasing bugs.

I am definitely happy to see that they are responding to their customers, it's the only way a company can stay in business.

I just don't like how they skate around the fact this is the reason.

"Based on some new data about UPB pricing trends (ie new introductions of lower priced switches), we have elected to adjust the HomeSeer UPB plug-in price point to $39.95."

Is it wrong to say because of customers comments we decieded to lower the price? Ohhh the good old Days :(

I believe the UPB plugin was developed to increase long term sales of HS2. The typical UPB customer is relatively insentive to price so there was an opportunity to more-quickly recover the development cost by selling the plugin rather than giving it away. This seemed to be a very sound marketing decision.

One of two things happened over the past week. 1) The UPB pricing spilled over into the non-UPB market segment and generated ill-will to the existing customer base. 2) Awareness of other interface methods became known and the monopoly pricing was no longer appropriate.

It would take some pretty creative accounting for a 33% price reduction to be based on the price of switches that are sold by another company. Reacting to the marketplace is good business, buy why the cloudy excuses?

Man,
I think you guys read a lot into HST decisions. I'll bet they developed the plugin and said let charge $$.

Well I wanted to test the new UPB plugin but haven't take the time to install HS2 so it was no go. I hope to get my 1st 2 switches installed this weekend and will use Michael's xap interface to make it work. I'm just glad I have a choice to run UPB on HS 1.7 still.

Back