Time to Make a Decision

pgray007 said:
I am in the enviable (or perhaps not so enviable) position of having no HA hardware to integrate, and am effectively starting from a clean slate.
I think the best thing to do is find somebody who might be about to sell a used Stargate system and buy that. :)

pgray007 said:
upstatemike said:
mdesmarais said:
I nominate upstatemike for Most Courted Potential Customer of the Year!

;-)
Hopefully this discussion will apply to many potential customers who are working through the same questions and issues that I am.
I've been following this thread with bated breath as well, so it is certainly helping out more than one person. I am in the enviable (or perhaps not so enviable) position of having no HA hardware to integrate, and am effectively starting from a clean slate. What I want to do (in no particular order):

Don't get me wrong- there has been tons of good information on the various threads I've seen as you work through your decision. I've taken a few hints myself! But it does crack me up. :)

pgray007- you might look at Housebot too- thats what I'm running. Much cheaper, but a less active product (users and developer) although it seems to be picking up a bit lately. Media stuff is on its way- I've been working with a plugin developer on a media manager- it is close- has some nice functions. One of the guys has been posting scripts for controlling Sonos- he says they should work for any of the upnp type devices (which I think squeezebox is?). Other than that, I think it does what you are looking for. And at the pricepoint, you could always decide to ditch it and not feel bad.

Markd

upstatemike said:
5- Provide a foolproof interface so grandma can select an Internet radio station or play a playlist through one or more SlimDevices Squeezebox players. If I can include FM radio into the interface that would be a bonus.
That could be a daunting or almost impossible task in any of the packages! :)

Back