I really want a web based automation program

dbinaz

Is there any that are customizable that are not homeseer? Ya, CQC can do it, but not easily by a long shot.
Haven't seen any, but maybe I overlooked?

Thanks,
Derek

What exactly do you mean web-based?

On a LAN, HomeVision can be web controlled. I use HomeVision (on my bench anyway) and it is for the most part configurable via the web. It is not a media system at all but lights, HVAC, security, etc can be handled with built in web features that are configurable.

If you are willing to punch a hole through your firewall it could be accessed remotely with some form of DDNS or static IP on your home router.

Chuck

i want to be able to get status and turn devices on/off. view cams. etc. with my own template design. i guess to get instant verification it would need to have an activex control or something to hook into the controling application.

Convergent Living Sidekick for offsite access and customize via flash. Tie it in with an HAI controller. Done.

AnthonyZ said:
Convergent Living Sidekick for offsite access and customize via flash. Tie it in with an HAI controller. Done.
Given my issues just getting flash to run on the main 2 PCs in my house, I'd never use Flash & done in the same post.

Excellent point, fellas. But the concept is sound and you can create the GUI of your dreams. Funny thing is, IVB, you've already created the GUI of my wife's dreams. She loves your, um, panels...

Wow, kinda creepy. I just mentioned IVB and my wife's dreams in the same breath.

I'm curious why you say "is not HomeSeer". HS is the perfect application for this. You can create your own web pages in html, asp, or aspx. Its easy to control everything with a custom page. I can post a sample in any format, if you like. I doubt you will find anything else that is more flexible from a web standpoint.

If you download the free Visual Studio Web Express, you can design your pages using an excellent WYSIWYG editor, no HTML programming would be necessary.

-Rich
President
HomeSeer Technologies LLC

Maybe he's already used homeseer and doesn't like it.

Maybe he just wants to be different. Different like this guy.

2002181591103321863_rs.jpg

If you download the free Visual Studio Web Express, you can design your pages using an excellent WYSIWYG editor, no HTML programming would be necessary.
So, there is some way to use HS-specific stuff in VSWE?

TonyNo said:
PowerHome comes with a basic collection of web pages and you can make your own. Not point-and-click, but not too much web stuff is. ;)

Home Screen, Lighting Screen (previous scheme)
Tony,
What tool(s) did you use to create your web pages? I use PH and have only used the basic control center controls. I don't know a lot about PSP. Are you willing to share your code?

If you have links to any code on the PH forums, you can send them to me via PM.

Thanks,
Charles

Back