Incorporating Older ADT Sensors into New DIY Security Sys

Yup here replaced switches and EOLRs on the one neighbor that I helped. 

It was faster for me and inexpensive to purchase the switches.  I think I did use a wire toner to find a couple of wires and stuff.

I did also utilize a set of little multicolored jumper cables and little VOM with a loud beep for continuity. 

While removing the switches grouped in loops found the EOLRs.  I did not bother to check the values. 

Prior to this I had removed the old panel, installed the new panel and redid the HV putting in a new outlet.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I am new to all of this. I have a 'northstar' system, which I think is similar to an ADT panel. Looking inside the panel, it wasn't even hooked up. I don't have the codes or anything, and am curious what my options are.

Basically it has a few door sensors, and a couple of motion sensors. It was all preinstalled when we bought the home.

Is there a resource online somewhere?

Curmudgeon10 said:
What do you want to do?  Add sensors, acquire a monitoring company, etc.?

Looks like you might want to start here: http://www.northstaralarm.com/

Sorry I wasn't exactly clear. Since I was jumping on this thread, I am looking to see what my options are for DIY. Is there a interface that all of the sensors plug into prior to the panel?

Some links to what has been discussed in this thread would be most helpful. Thanks!

Back