Installationguide and manual NX-8

aussie said:
hello, I was reading about resetting factory defaults for NX8e. This security system was installed when I bought may house and was never given the master code. As a result I am stuck with the previuos user code and am unable to change it. I read spiders web's success on resetting his and am asking for help to get the default installers code so I can reset my system. Any help would be greatfully appreciated.
PM Sent

Hooking up any module to the NX systems is fairly easy. The NX system uses a 3-wire interconnect - one each for power (KP POS), common ground (KP COM), and data (KP DATA). The data line is the NX serial buss that goes to every module in the system. You can get ribbon cable to keep the three wires together, and they connect on the NX panel board where indicated, under the Bell connections, about 1/3 the way down the side.

Of course, disconnect power and battery to hook up the new module. Once you hook it up, power up the system and program the new module at the indicated memory locations/partition/zone. It will automatically appear in your system.

Read the instructions that come with the NX-448 and/or sensors for enrolling your wireless sensors. I used to have the NX-448 with 4 wireless magnetic sensors - it worked flawlessly.

One other concern would be power capacity of the AC power supply. If you add too many modules to your system and you have the smaller power supply, you may need to get a larger power supply. I ran into this when I had 4 additional modules on the base system.

Good luck!

i have the caddx nx-6 the zone one is flashing and the service and power lite are on steady. i took this system out of a business in macon ga that has gone out of business.,while installing the new phone system for titlemax . no one knows the code but i would like to use this in my shop. can anyone help me reset it back to factory defaults ?

raa9876 said:
i have the caddx nx-6 the zone one is flashing and the service and power lite are on steady. i took this system out of a business in macon ga that has gone out of business.,while installing the new phone system for titlemax . no one knows the code but i would like to use this in my shop. can anyone help me reset it back to factory defaults ?
There is a company that will reset your board back to factory defaults, but you have to send them the board to do it.

I don't remember the company, but do know a post was made here about them, and that a Cocooner verified that they were legit.

in the middle of installing nx-8e and am lost (currently going on three years for install). Finally got system set up and keypad installed and need master password. Any and all help would be appreciated on install.

Thanks,

Josh Rust

Do you mean the master installer pwd for the keyboard? I'm going from memory (i.e. scary) but I thinking it's **** (blocked out - for security), then you hit *0 or something like that to point to the NX8e board. There should be some posts to help you get going once you know this master installer password.

Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll have to check my notes at home.

BSR

Thank you for the quick reply. I actually found the installer book which had the code. My problem now is how to setup the zones. The instruction manual is very confusing, after it tells you how to set up the keypad. I'm completely lost. I have a window contact on zone 1 but I don't know how to get the caddx to see it.

Back