Insteon 2476S maximum load question

ctwilliams

I would like to install a Insteon 2476S (INSTEON SwitchLinc Relay (Non-dimming)) for use with a ceiling heater in our bathroom. The specifications for the relay state:

Maximum Load 480 Watts incandescent, 13A inductive

The specs for the heater (Nutone link) state that is uses 1717 watts.

So, is a ceiling heater an inductive load? If so, how does 13 amps translate into 1717 watts?

Thanks...

CT

I would like to install a Insteon 2476S (INSTEON SwitchLinc Relay (Non-dimming)) for use with a ceiling heater in our bathroom. The specifications for the relay state:

So, is a ceiling heater an inductive load? If so, how does 13 amps translate into 1717 watts?

Thanks...

CT

I'm not sure if it would be inductive or not, but I believe amps * volts = watts.

So, 13A inductive at 110 volts = 1430 watts.

Thanks...

CT

I'm not sure if it would be inductive or not, but I believe amps * volts = watts.

Well, I guess that rules that out. I can not find anything larger for insteon, although there is an X10 switch that is 20amps that would work. Something to think about.

Thanks..

CT

Thanks...

CT

Well, I guess that rules that out. I can not find anything larger for insteon, although there is an X10 switch that is 20amps that would work. Something to think about.

Thanks..

CT
If you don't mind the expense you could use one of these with the Switch linked to it to control the load.

http://simplehomenet.com/EZSwitch30.asp

13a x 120v = 1560w. Maybe you could replace the heater with something within these tolerances?

(Granted, I am a novice, so others will certainly weigh in. . . )

Back