Insteon devices in development

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they can meet that schedule (which is aggresive Iwould imagine) then about 40% of these products will be out in the next 90 days or so.

Some of the new devices will be awesome!

Where is the ControLinc Wall Mount Bracket on the roadmap??? Is it included with the Insteon ControLinc Maxi?

upstatemike said:
Where is the ControLinc Wall Mount Bracket on the roadmap??? Is it included with the Insteon ControLinc Maxi?
I think they dropped the wall mount bracket idea figuring most people would just use a keypadlinc as a wall mounted control unit.

I looked at the back of my controllincs and it looks like there is a hole pattern about the size of a 2-gang wall box. Wonder if I could pop the unit apart, remove the stand arm, drill out the hole pattern, screw it to a 2-gang wall box (with power cord inside) and then snap the unit back together. I might take another look at this as an option.

The Pod

The Pod said:
I think they dropped the wall mount bracket idea figuring most people would just use a keypadlinc as a wall mounted control unit.
Not viable in all situations because of the LED synch issues. If button one controls 3 lamps but some other controller operates the lamps separately then what should the LED on the keypad linc show when say one lamp is on and two are off?

The ControLinc does not have this issue since there are no LEDs to track status.

Edit:

Details deleted at the request of SmartLabs.

BSR

And why do we need a "SignaLinc Hardwired Phase Coupler" anyway?

Jeez, and I thought this info was covered under NDA. Oh well, glad it's out there (here)

Yes, you are correct and SmartLabs asked us to correct this situation!

BSR

I don't think the roadmap should have been posted on a public forum as today's webinar was only for developers and alliance members and is privileged and confidential material.

That being said, this is an internal product roadmap with goals being set with product roll-outs. This is a very aggressive roadmap.

upstatemike - wall brackets are currently on hold.
eufreka - hardwired signalinc is for the DIY guy who wants to wire direct to his panel or electricians and home builders/developers.

Edit:

Details deleted at the request of SmartLabs.

BSR

Mike,

Knowing that the roadmap is more of an internal goal setting, I would understand if there are delays or changes in the plans (cancellations, etc.). However, that is something that some manufacturers do even for publicly announced products.

My opinion is that the 'leak' is very positive to both (us and SmartLabs) because it gives us an idea of the size of the Prize. Sincerily, I was not expecting you to create the duplex dimmer or relay that I have been asking for, but I know that with a KeyPadLinc and the new LampSocketDimmer and InLine modules I'll able to find a viable Insteon solution for my home setup. I;m sure that the same applies to others Cocooners that are still in the wait and see mode.

SmartLabsMike said:
upstatemike - wall brackets are currently on hold.
OK. I'll check back every couple of days to see if the hold has been lifted.

A good alternative would be a battery powered RF "stick-a-switch" type transmitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back