Intercom

that reminds me, did anyone ever figure out how to hack into on-q's intercom??? also, and more important to me, has anyone figured out how to tap into on-q's lyriq's system? it really SUCKS not being able to use my HA to distribute music thru the system without having to go thru the audio equipment first.

I brought this to on-q's attention in denver and they said its "proprietary" tech and they will make somethign work but its a year or two off. WHAT?? thats crazy! i will stop installing on-q lyriqs if i cant find a fix. IMO, they are loosing installs of their VERY easy lyrix since no one can tie their HA into it. On-q's demeanor was very non-chalant and a bit disturbing pertaining to this topic as well as ALL topics concerning HMS. Its as if they dont care if they ever sell another HMS unit "well its less than 2% of our sales and its a very blue collar line". What? One reason its only two percent is they DONT push it, at all, from the top down to their reps, they simply dont care about that line, at all. they almost said that verbatim. Issues of course pertain to HAI and that agreement I was told as well.

anyhoot, back to figureing out how to tap into on-q intercom/audio??

I am in a situation where I need to install a Call Button system for my elderly mother. I was going to just wire buttons to M1 inputs but the reporter intercoms have some very thought provoking features:

Battery operation so I can put them in critical places like the shower as well as out on the porch or even in the garden.

Voice communication allows for a description of the help required (instead of panicing to run see what's wrong)

Battery also ensures operation during power failures.

My ecommerce store IntercomsOnline.com sells a lot of the wireless intercoms to the caregiver market. The WireFree Outdoor Intercom, which is designed for front door use, is also being used inside next to beds since it has one large button on it, it is very loud, and is nice and portable. Just stick some rubber feet on it and it won't slip around. Like you said, it can also be used in the shower. There's a picture of this application here:

This is what I was thinking but now I am confused about the difference between WireFree and Reporter?

Back