ipDataTel Connection

hchain

I am adding an ipDatatel to an Elk M1 with a single M1KP2 keypad.

I assume I need to connect it as a parallel run, correct?
Do I have to do anything for termination of this second run (to the ipDatatel)?
Manual says that each run must have a termination.

Thanks for the help. 

Ipdatatel is not a bus device so it would not be connected to the M1 bus.

Since you don't mention which device, assumptions can't be made as to where and how to connect it. Essentially, the unit is going to be connected to the telephone T/R connections and that's it. Enhanced interactive isn't supported on the M1 and IPdatatel.

>>> Since you don't mention which device
I do not understand what you mean.

The ipDatatel was connected to an Ademco I am replacing with the Elk M1.

It was connected with 6 wires: 4 in parallel with the keypads (2 for power and 2 for data in/out, terminals 4/5/6/7 on the Ademco), and 2 on the tip and ring (terminals 23/24 on the Ademco). All matching to the lower 6 connectors on the ipDatatel (-, +, Rx, Tx, Tip, Ring, respectively)

So this is why I assumed it was going to be the same set of connections.

If it make a difference, the ipDatatel is monitored by AlarmRelay.

RV

No difference.

Sounds like a BAT.

You can't wire the unit to the data bus on the M1, period. Not compatible. The telephone connection (T/R) get wired to the same on the M1.

You would not be able to use the enhanced services IPdatatel offers. The only option would be to connect the unit to the M1 as a keyswitch and operate it via that method.

>>> Since you don't mention which device
Sorry, I thought ipDatatel was the product name, did not realize it was the company name.
Yes, it's a CBAT.

Will contact AlarmRelay and see how they want it wired. I will control the Elk from another source anyway.

Thanks!

RV

Page 20 of the CBAT manual. That's the only way you'd be able to connect it to the M1 (less the keyswitch zone option, if desired)

howdy.  what advanced functionality do you lose going to the elk M1?
looks like only 2 wire phone hookup like POTS.  

how does alarm relay get hooked up to ethernet?  through the M1XEP?  

Back