IR Distribution

Wingnut

I am trying to connect my GC-100 and Logitech RF/IR base station to my XANTECH connecting block. I had assumed that all I needed to do was take the output of the GC-100 and the Logi base unit to the inputs of the Xantech using the IN and GRD connections. In other words take a mono plug that an emitter would normally be attached to and connect it to the input of the xantech 795-44. It doesn't work. Any suggestions?

I am trying to connect my GC-100 and Logitech RF/IR base station to my XANTECH connecting block. I had assumed that all I needed to do was take the output of the GC-100 and the Logi base unit to the inputs of the Xantech using the IN and GRD connections. In other words take a mono plug that an emitter would normally be attached to and connect it to the input of the xantech 795-44. It doesn't work. Any suggestions?
To connect the GC-100 to a Xantech connecting block, I think you need the GC-CGX IR Converter Cable which allows you to connect an GC-100 output to Xantech equipment. I guess the two don't play nicely together without that piece of equipment. I did a quick search and you can get it from ASIHome for ~$32 (http://www.asihome.com/ASIshop/product_info.php?products_id=1326). Hope this helps.

Hello Wingnut and welcome to CT!
I am not too familiar with the XANTECH IR line, but I do know the GC-100 needs a special cable to be used with XANTECH. Here is a link to the Global Cache website.
If you scroll down there is an item called GC-CGX IR Converter Cable, GC-100 to Xantech. Hopefuly this is what you are looking for.

Back