Is ELKRP2 still the preferred method of managing the M1?

signal15

Looks like it hasn't been updated in a long time. Is this still the preferred method? I see ElkConnect and ElkLink, but those look like they are a subscription option. Are there any 3rd party management products out there for programming?

ELK RP2 (currently version 2.0.40), while dated, still functions quite well in Windows 11. Does install an old Crystal Reports 2008 portion during. the install. I suspect if at some point WIndows 12 or later doesn't support the Crystal Reports 2008 libraries, ELK Products would need to release a new product or update to RP2.

Currently it is still the primary configuration method. You'd need to use it at least once to configure the M1 and companion ethernet adapter (M1XEP or C1M1 Dual Path communicator) before using the other products, including third-party. Most of the third-party solutions are similar to Elk's M1ToGo, essentially a software keypad in a sense. Not a replacement for RP2.
Currently when I search on Elk Connect, it appears to be directed to the E27 Alarm Engine. What is interesting is that the new 7" keypad that should be available soon mentions it has a version of Elk Connect in the keypad. Also the same keypad is for both the E27 and the M1, the M1 will require an M1XEP rather than using a keypad connection off of the RS-485 bus.

I believe that the delay may be working out how the Elk Connect in the keypad is setup for the M1 in terms of DIY. ELK Connect is only available to installers, not the DIY market. The installer sets it up and then arranges the subscription to the customer. See https://www.elkproducts.com/product/coming-soon-elkconnect-for-alarm-engine/

"Both the ElkConnect app and portal provide a credential based experience. Installers get configuration and management tools. Users get interactive services* and an intuitive interface for full control of the system."

Users cannot setup the interactive services without the Installer doing the configuration and enabling the customer through their management portal.

This is the reason the M1 continues to be premier for DIY, E27 Alarm Engine is not intended for sale to the DIY market.

The reason I ask is that it's literally the only thing I have that requires windows. I installed a win 11 VM on my proxmox setup and am using it there.

Back