Is there a product/device that simply serves as a smart relay or something?

Sorry for the lack of descriptive title.

Basically I have a dilema.. living in the Philippines I've got near ZERO options to do home automation as most devices (outlets/switches) are made for US/EU power specifications (im on 220v 60H 1phase) <-- corrected this, i meant single phase not 2 phase)

So i was wondering... instead of buying ready to use devices w/c are NOT compatible w/ our power configuration anyway, why not just buy a sort of RELAY / SWITCH that i can tap into each power line that needs controlling?

I mean our power basically works w/ 2 lines, both live (no grounding) .. and switches obviously CUT/CONNECT 1 line to the appliance to turn ON and OFF.. right?
So is there a DEVICE i can "tap" into this LINE that acts as a smart relay ? well i guess relay is not the right term.. i dont know what it's called, but it's a LOW VOLTAGE switch that basically turns a HIGH VOLTAGE line on and off.. and this low voltage switch can be turned on via wifi, zwave, or RF or something..

I don't know if I made my question clear enough.. but basically i just wanted to tap / cut into each power line that i want to control and be able to control it using technologies that i can develop GUI's for (PHP, JSON, JS, etc)

And..if there are NONE, do you know online company, or even members around here, who don't mind putting together i few of these things for me for a fee? I'm willing to order a hundred of these if need be to keep the price low... as long as the darn thing works, that's all i need lolz

worst comes to worst i can have one of our local electrical engineer whip up some kind of RF switch / relay .. only problem i have is how do i send TCP commands to it from my PHP ?

At a lost..

Tj

There are plenty of relays that do what you're talking about - and you could probably get into the industrial automation stuff as well - search for DIN relays - in fact there are some control systems that have IP interfaces you could go with - but it's a lot of manual work.  There's a ton of examples, but here:
http://www.digital-loggers.com/dinfaqs.html
www.controlbyweb.com

What you're asking to do is dangerous, but it's unfortunate that your power system is a bit different than most of the world; european spec is 220v 50hz... and I know you were talking about Z-Wave - US and Eu spec are different frequencies as well - whatever you do needs to be legal in your area.

Back