Is there an ETA on Vizia RF 2way support with Elk?

johnnynine

I know this has been asked several times before, even by myself... but since I started asking about it in February of 2007 my patience is running a little thin on this one. :)

I'm to the point of finding an alternative, like getting an Intermatic usb stick and using CQC to control the lights. This wouldn't allow 2 way communication and I don't want to spend $50 on the zwave usb controller and invest all the time getting it to work with cqc if Elk will finally be releasing the device/group management software and serial expander update. As far as I know CQC does not have a driver for the Vizia RF serial module yet.

So I guess I'd just like to get a feel for when Elk will be releasing support for Vizia RF 2-way communication?

Thanks,
Johnny

We had a meeting on this subject Friday, trying to get resources allocated to finishing the Vizia interface to the M1 which is a PC program for setup. It is hard to get engineering resources allocated with little demand from the market place when the plate is full already.

Any squeeky wheels?

We had a meeting on this subject Friday, trying to get resources allocated to finishing the Vizia interface to the M1 which is a PC program for setup. It is hard to get engineering resources allocated with little demand from the market place when the plate is full already.

Any squeeky wheels?

******SQUEEK *******
******SQUEEK *******
******SQUEEK *******

I already have an XSP and the Vizia Serial interface ready to go. Please don't make me have to program it the hard way. Shenandoah is also in the same boat just in case you'll accept a 3rd party "squeek"? :)

On a side note, I don't know if the Vizia agreements allow you to, but if you open-sourced the PC program, I'd hazard a guess that a few of us might be able to contribute.

******SQUEEK *******
******SQUEEK *******
******SQUEEK *******
as well

That's for the reply Spanky.

As unlikely as this is, if Elk can't dedicate resources to the project, I'd be happy to put in some development time on the user interface and group management software.

I think the Elk is a great robust product and I am very happy with what it can do, but I do get quite jealous when I see posts elsewhere of people successfully using HAI with Vizia RF. You can also see screenshots of HAI's implementation here at Worthington's website.

Johnny

******SQUEEK *******
******SQUEEK *******
******SQUEEK *******

I think you may have more demand for this than you know. It's just the us Z-Wave users have got use to being put on the back burner. I can't tell you how long I have been waiting for CQC to put Z-Wave on the top of their todo list. I use Z-Wave as my main lighting automation with the elk. Just currently I don't have any feedback so I use a secondary controller with CQC to provide me status of my lights. This gets ugly at times which is why I would like for support for z-wave including thermostat control with my ELK. I have a ZTT000 thermostat which is obsolete now but hopefully it will still work with new controllers.

There are probably more people like me too.

I've written off my insteon investment and now just waiting for something else affordable to "mature." zwave looks to be the best alternative to insteon, but due to my significant (to me) investment in elk already, I have been stuck in "nowhere land" waiting to see what will happen.

Consider me a squeak.

Squeak here too. I am waiting on an ELK ViziaRF (Zwave) interface before venturing down the path of automated lighting.

SQUEEK!
SQUEEK!
SQUEEK!

I too have an Elk M1g as well as a bunch of Vizia RF switches that I would love to integrate. I even bought the Vizia RZCOP and the m1xsp expander, which I hope were the right purchases. Also, I have a question, does Vizia RF not work with Elk at all or is it the 2 way communication that's the problem?

Regards,
Mike

[******SQUEEK *******
******SQUEEK *******
******SQUEEK *******]

I also have an Elk M1G and would love to have 2 way communicating Z-Wave support for Vizia RF.

[/******SQUEEK *******
******SQUEEK *******
******SQUEEK *******]

SQUEAK!

I just got my Elk M1G online this week, and one of the reasons I went with Elk was the "comming soon" support for Vizia.

This axle must have a bad bearing!!! :lol:

Thanks for the input and help. I will pass it on!

******SQUEEK *******
******SQUEEK *******
******SQUEEK *******

Even though I have two XZWs, I'd spring for replacing them with XSPs and the Vizia Serial controller if that meant having a more manageable system with 2 way support.

It is sad that like so many things in this industry the time lines are very long and often not what they were initially said to be.

I'd also second that if any software is made open source that you'd likely find contributors here.

Back