JRMC use?

I have a license and I've played with it a few times; haven't implemented a whole house solution yet though.

Just downloaded the trial version and going to give it a go.

The only issue I see is I stream my music from my laptop and I have a my amp in a AV closet where I would want to input the audio.

I have an iPhone and as I mentioned a i5 laptop. I don't want to run a PC in the AV closet, appreciate any suggestions. I hate iTunes with a passion hence loooking for an alternative.

I recently bought a Boxee Box by D-Link but it appears that the it might be released a bit early seems from the BB forum that lots of folks are having lots of issues so I will just keep it in the box while the issues are being worked on. The Boxee Box streams video and audio content, http://www.dlink.com.au/boxee/ great concept just not there yet. Maybe in 6 months or two firmware revisions or so.

Anyway I thought I would give JRMC a go.

Fleetz

I use it for whole-house audio and my HTPC front-end. Also on my workstations.
....But I see you do too ;)

I have a Russound CAV6 for whole of house audio. What I need is something that I can stream from my laptop and convert that to audio so I can feed the amplifier.

I need a audio solution for JRMC to work for me. Any suggestions?

Fleetz

Disappointing news from Homeseer. Seems like they are too busy at this time working on HS3 to spend time to fix the JRMC plugin. So those looking to use HS with JRMC need to aware of this.

I use it for hole house audio and as a uPnp server I controll it using a couple of ipods running plugplayer and for

video using old xboxes running xbmc as uPnP renderers

One option to think about are the newer USB port servers along with a small $24 usb powered sound card. I do this in my living room and it works great for audio from my HA server. I'm using gigabit lan to the USB device server, but there are wifi version available (not sure how they would work).

http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19730&view=findpost&p=161713

I have a Russound CAV6 for whole of house audio. What I need is something that I can stream from my laptop and convert that to audio so I can feed the amplifier.

I need a audio solution for JRMC to work for me. Any suggestions?

Fleetz

I use it for hole house audio and as a uPnp server I controll it using a couple of ipods running plugplayer and for

video using old xboxes running xbmc as uPnP renderers

I got rid of the old xboxes and I now use 2 WD LiveTV Plus units for my video renderer that can play HD content they are dlna certified and show up under JRMC as players

Back