Latest PowerHome Insteon Version

Can PowerHome linking be leveraged to assist with creating links to the 2414X translator? How would the 2414x be configured in PowerHome? And how would the X-10 address be added?

Can PowerHome be leveraged to assist with creating links so that the Elk M1 can use them? I think that links have to get added to the serial powerlink and the Elk XSP at the same time.

I entered mine into the database as a PowerLinc but it does not show up as either a controller or responder so I guess the answer is no.

Wayne,

I don't think PowerHome would work to create links for the 2414X. It has no provision to handle these types of links. PowerHome should work just fine using the 2414X as an Insteon PLC to create links in other Insteon devices, just wouldnt be able to make use of the translator features or allow the 2414X to be used stand-alone.

Im not familiar with how links need to be created for the Elk M1. Again, PowerHome could certainly create the links between devices, but you may encounter problems with links involving the PLC as PowerHome doesnt make PLC links the same way tap-tap linking would.

Dave.

First off, Dave, nice job on the documentation. The Insteon Linking features in Powerhome are outstanding! I am finally begining to unleash the full potential of Insteon on my home.

Have you made any updates since this initial post or is 1.03.4.6 still the current beta version?

Thanks!

Jeff,

1.03.4.6 is the latest out right now. The next version is ready to go, but Ive been waiting on one crucial memory location from SmartHome so my KeypadLinc Configuration Window will be complete.

As soon as I get this info, it should be ready to go. Lots of minor bugs fixed and some new Insteon features.

Dave.

Another question: have you found a way to update the device status when the load is turned on at the switch directly? The device status window doesn't seem to keep current on what lights are on or off.

Jeff,

Make sure that your switches are setup to control at least one other device. In the case of 3-way circuits and the like, this should be already done. If a switch is standalone, then create a link between it and the PLC with the switch as a controller.

If this is all already done, then just verify that the link exists in the Group by Controller screen or the Device not Group Controller report.

If all that checks out and the Device Status screen is still out of sync, the only other thing that I can think of would be communication problems (unless I missed something :angry:).

How often does this problem seem to occur? Do you have the background status polling turned on or off? Even if there was a communication error or other and PowerHome missed the local turn on/off, it should get cleaned up when the background status polling comes around.

Also, does it always seem to be a particular switch? Let me know some more details because I should have coded for all possibilities and if Ive missed something it will help me pinpoint the problem.

Thanks,

Dave.

Back