Leaf Wetness Sensor with DS10A

BraveSirRobbin

Hi Eric;

I purchased the "uncoated" Leaf Wetness Sensor from you over a year ago. It works well with a DS10a (replace the door/window contact with the Leaf Wetness Sensor) for use as a water sensor (for under sinks, laundry room floor, etc...).

I see on your site that you make this statement:

The sensor does not have the green solder mask which will make the sensor more sensitive but now includes gold plated traces to keep oxidation to a minimum.

Has this statement always been there? Has anything been changed or added to this sensor over the past year. Reason I ask is because the coated sensor (which I can't seem to find on your site) did not work at all with the DS10a. I'm just wanting to make sure that their was no coating put on the first one recently that would have changed it's sensing properties (i.e. different than the uncoated one I purchased a year ago).

If so, not a big deal, I'll just buy some more and test them. I just had some people interested in this method of water detection recently :).

Thanks

BSR

Hi Eric;

I purchased the "uncoated" Leaf Wetness Sensor from you over a year ago. It works well with a DS10a (replace the door/window contact with the Leaf Wetness Sensor) for use as a water sensor (for under sinks, laundry room floor, etc...).

I see on your site that you make this statement:

The sensor does not have the green solder mask which will make the sensor more sensitive but now includes gold plated traces to keep oxidation to a minimum.

Has this statement always been there? Has anything been changed or added to this sensor over the past year. Reason I ask is because the coated sensor (which I can't seem to find on your site) did not work at all with the DS10a. I'm just wanting to make sure that their was no coating put on the first one recently that would have changed it's sensing properties (i.e. different than the uncoated one I purchased a year ago).

If so, not a big deal, I'll just buy some more and test them. I just had some people interested in this method of water detection recently :).

Thanks

BSR

BSR,

No, that statement was added when we did another production run. We found that the coated sensor did not have good enough sensitivity so we did away with it and now just offer the uncoated sensor that has gold plated traces. The current uncoated sensors should work just like our previous uncoated sensors since the only change is the gold plating to keep oxidation down.

Eric

Back