Leviton OmniPro Zigbee thermostat Options?

pete_c

Guru
Is it possible to use a non HAI Zigbee thermostat with the OmniPro 2 ZIM?

Current HAI ZIM has only been tested with Zigbee appliance and light switches.  Works fine.  (base light switch transport is using UPB which works fine for me).

Historically with the OmniPro 2 have utilized only HAI serial thermostats and only two...RCXX and Omnistat2...

The thermostat has resided in the typically unused living room, dining room and main hallway.

I look sometimes but really never make changes to it locally or remotely.  Today many of the in house touch screens focus on status versus input or making changes.  Well that and I am really bad creating touchscreens with too many buttons (low on the WAF).  IE: the old Omnitouch screens just are off unless I touch them where as the Homeseer touchscreens are off or running whatever screen saver. 

pete_c said:
Is it possible to use a non HAI Zigbee thermostat with the OmniPro 2 ZIM?
The Home Automation profile is here:
http://contech.suv.ac.kr/contech/courses/11h2wsn/075367r02ZB_AFG-Home_Automation_Profile_for_Public_Download.pdf

Some features are mandatory and some are optional. For thermostats the only requirement is supporting very basic thermostat functions, the rest are optional, meaning HAI could have designed their own protocol for extra features (like turning on the fan) if they wanted to.  I would doubt they would. 

So most functions should at least work, but I have never tried this myself. 

Back