Limitations of the M1XIN

toymaster458

What is the full list of limitations on the M1XIN? For example I know I can only use 2-Wire on Zone 16, Temperature sensors on Zones 1 - 16. what Else?

I also noticed in the RP Zones 1 - 16 have 4 Types where zones 17 and on have 1 type.

I am guessing that I should try and put all my Smoke, Motion, Heat, and doors on the M1XIN and save 1 - 16 for other sensors.

I have over 70 devices that I will be setting up on a M1 so I would like to make sure I plan it properly.

toymaster458 said:
I also noticed in the RP Zones 1 - 16 have 4 Types where zones 17 and on have 1 type.
Please clarify. I see the same types 0-4 on zones 1-16 that I do with zones 17-32 on my M1G.

Your other comments are correct and complete, I don't recall any other limitations.

For an example. I open RP and select Zone 17 from Input Expander 2, By default the Type is "0 = EPL Supervised/RF" I click on the drop down and I have no other choices.

Something is wrong someplace as mine is different. Since IMHO, mine makes sense, I think yours is wrong. You should have the same choices as not all devices are EOL. I would call Elk tech support or wait for David to chime in here as I think you are busted.

I believe the configuration 'Type' is keyed to the configuration 'Definition'. If the definition is set to 00-Disabled, you will only see EOL as a type. If you choose a different definition like 01-Burglary, you will now see 4 different choices for types.

I just figured that out. I was assuming the extra zones would have the same default zone setup as Zones 1 - 16

Back