litejet,cqc, and extra loads ?

I have a litejet 48 system. I have CQC. I need to add more loads to be controlled by the litejet keypads. I know you cant add another litejet panel. I heard that you can suplement with upb...... how is this done? Is there another way?

Thanks

Philip

It can only do scenes which doesnt help.....

If i have an elk and litejet. Can a litejet keypad button turn on or dim a light (UPB) through the elk?? That way i can add say 20 loads with upb in-line dimmers but control them with the litejet keypads

Ask on the CQC boards whether the litejet driver can make button presses raise events. That's what the Concerto driver does, and those events are how CQC can trap a keypad buttonpress and do whatever you want.

which litejet driver are you referring to..?? CQC doesnt have a litejet driver

Ask on the CQC boards whether the litejet driver can make button presses raise events. That's what the Concerto driver does, and those events are how CQC can trap a keypad buttonpress and do whatever you want.

From the Elk Install manual:

"Limitations:
- Button presses from a Centralite keypad have no direct integration with the M1. However, it could be possible to assign a
button to a non physical (phantom) load and then use the status change of that load to cause an M1 action."

So you can have a LightJet Keypad turn on a UPB light through the Elk. Just takes a bit of trickery.

Edit:
Look at page 14 of this for the above quote.

which litejet driver are you referring to..?? CQC doesnt have a litejet driver

ooops, sorry, one step ahead of myself there. I was talking to kayemsi this morning about who she could talk to in order to get one written.

One more idea... going REALLY outside the box...

Connect the Low voltage relay boxes that Centralite sells to zones on your elk. This would allow you to have direct control of the elk through the keypad of the litejet. So button press closes the relay on the litejet which triggers the elk to turn on the UPB load. This is a more direct way of doing the above (not really necessary to get more direct but its late so I'll throw it out there...). You are limited to 2 relay boards on a litejet and each board has 6 relays. So that will give you direct control over 12 UPB devices...

Off to bed...

One more idea... going REALLY outside the box...

Connect the Low voltage relay boxes that Centralite sells to zones on your elk. This would allow you to have direct control of the elk through the keypad of the litejet. So button press closes the relay on the litejet which triggers the elk to turn on the UPB load. This is a more direct way of doing the above (not really necessary to get more direct but its late so I'll throw it out there...). You are limited to 2 relay boards on a litejet and each board has 6 relays. So that will give you direct control over 12 UPB devices...

Off to bed...

I don't know what the LiteJet relay boards run, but I bought one for my Elegance system used for $500 :( (that was 1/2 price).

Brian

I don't know what the LiteJet relay boards run, but I bought one for my Elegance system used for $500 :( (that was 1/2 price).

Brian

Yikes... Glad I didn't need any!
There is no need to go through all the expense of getting a relay board for this example. The suggestion from Elk works fine and it doesn't cost anything... :) I shouldn't post when I should be sleeping...

Chris

Back