Little Confused With HomeSeer 1.7 Support

Rupp said:
Way to pull this topic back on track. I caused it to swerve dangerously off course.
hehe, hey take it off track as much as you want to becaue I found the solution I was looking for (thanks again Bruce)!!! ;) :eek:

Glad you fellas are getting some use outta it. It will be nice is HS comes thru with the CD but at least this way I already have a backup CD (well 2 actually I'm paranoid).

Bruce L said:
Glad you fellas are getting some use outta it. It will be nice is HS comes thru with the CD but at least this way I already have a backup CD (well 2 actually I'm paranoid).
You 'da man Bruce! Great job and thanks for sharing! ;)

I think I posted earlier to this thread, but we will not take down the 1.7 updater until we get a replacement solution in place, so there are no worries that you will be stuck with no way to get updates.

But if you cannot use HS2 for some reason, please open a helpdesk ticket and we will be happy to help you get it working.

-Rich

HomeSeer Technologies LLC

rjh said:
But if you cannot use HS2 for some reason, please open a helpdesk ticket and we will be happy to help you get it working.
Hi Rich, thanks for replying.

The main thing I'm waiting for is a proven Caddx plugin with HS2. There seems to be some signs that make me uncomfortable in this area. Nitrox's support on upgrading the plugin to .net seems (to me) very "spotty" and the new JASV plugin is still in beta. Of course this is all just my opinion from cruising the HS forums.

So I just need some more time, thus the reason for wanting access to these older version files.

Since the Caddx NX8e security system is my main backbone for my automation system (and more importantly my wife's most important feature after the caller ID announcements) I'm going to wait till this gets some more proven testing. Right now I don't have the time to experiment like I did in the past!

Speaking of which, how did your client's recent Caddx NX8e/HS2 installation go? Curious what plugin you decide on. I'm very interested in your opinion.

I am looking forward to achieving a rock solid HS2 installation in the near future!

Best Regards,

BSR

PS: Are you guys ever going to come out to CES again? I miss the lively discussions with you and Rick! ;)

The install I am working on has an issue with either the connection to the panel or the panel config. Once we get a good connection I will probably try both plug-ins to see which works best.

-Rich

BraveSirRobbin said:
There seems to be some signs that make me uncomfortable in this area. Nitrox's support on upgrading the plugin to .net seems (to me) very "spotty" and the new JASV plugin is still in beta. Of course this is all just my opinion from cruising the HS forums.
The HS forums have left me uneasy on a number of occasions but Rupp always resolves my problems and concerns. I would't use the HS forum as the only reference when deciding about HS 2.1

Rupp said:
BSR,
I thought you were using an ELK?
I installed and configured an Elk M1 Gold plus other HA/security hardware for my friend who was building his own custom home. It was a great experience and led me to believe that someday I will own an Elk.

For now, I just have to much invested in the Caddx NX8e with add on cards as well as an Ocelot with add on modules. Plus, I don't have the time to play around as I once did. ;)

I was very impressed with the Elk though and the few limitations it does have are not major ones and can be overcome with the Ocelot.

upstatemike said:
The HS forums have left me uneasy on a number of occasions but Rupp always resolves my problems and concerns. I would't use the HS forum as the only reference when deciding about HS 2.1
Yes, Rupp is a major source of information with HomeSeer and I have used his advice and suggestions many a times. ;) Unfortunately he doesn't own a Caddx NX8e Security system and has not gone through the many, many changes and additions of the plugins as I have. :eek:

Also, there is no other reference concerning the Caddx plugins for HomeSeer other than the HomeSeer forums. Of course if you do know of some, I would be very much interested in them.

Regards,

BSR

rjh said:
The install I am working on has an issue with either the connection to the panel or the panel config. Once we get a good connection I will probably try both plug-ins to see which works best.

-Rich
Rich;

Can you connect to the panel via the DL900 software (make sure HomeSeer is shut down during this process)?

I've found the Caddx setup a little tricky, especially when making changes to the board via the LCD Panel (which you have to do to enable the necessary settings such as the serial port). I always go back to the "segment" and "location" to make sure the settings "took" after I hit the asterix key on the panel.

Many people have had trouble connecting to the panel and I've done many a response to this type of problem. Do a search of Caddx under my handle if you want some additional info.

Regards and good luck,

BSR

Anyone know where I might be able to download the hs 1.7 full installer ?

My Harddrive with 1.7 died, and for some reason the exe I have backed up does not run. I have all the rest of the updates.

I did try the dowload utility but it did not download the 1.7 exe.

Thanks
StevenE

If no one posts a link or you still can't get a hold of the file by tomorrow or so, let me know, I have a backup CD somewhere, I just have to find it.

Back