M1 and Rainet8 irrigation wifi control via TS07

fleetz

Getting close to finalising the wiring for the new house and thought I would review how I am going to control the irrigation system.

Firstly I will have 802.11n wireless network througout the house. I will also have at least one TS-07 Elk touchscreen.

Just woundering if this is practical. Could the [post="0"]Rain8Net[/post] operating the basic [post="0"]mcSprinkler[/post] software run stand alone on the TS-07? What I am thinking is using the TS-07 web browser to launch the irrigation control. As I understand it the RainNet8 requires a PC running. Setup a link on the TS-07 to the mcSprinkler control browser and when I close the link I return to ELKRM? What I am trying to achieve is operating the system without the appearance that you have left ELKRM....if that makes sense!

Would the TS-07 running Windows CE be up to the task?

Cheers,

Fleetz

Getting close to finalising the wiring for the new house and thought I would review how I am going to control the irrigation system.

Firstly I will have 802.11n wireless network througout the house. I will also have at least one TS-07 Elk touchscreen.

Just woundering if this is practical. Could the [post="0"]Rain8Net[/post] operating the basic [post="0"]mcSprinkler[/post] software run stand alone on the TS-07? What I am thinking is using the TS-07 web browser to launch the irrigation control. As I understand it the RainNet8 requires a PC running. Setup a link on the TS-07 to the mcSprinkler control browser and when I close the link I return to ELKRM? What I am trying to achieve is operating the system without the appearance that you have left ELKRM....if that makes sense!

Would the TS-07 running Windows CE be up to the task?

Cheers,

Fleetz

I have no first hand experience with the TS-07, but I suspect that mcsSprinklers uses functionality that is in standard Windows, but not in CE. I'm working toward implementing the real time control of mcsSprinklers in a X-Port or ConnectME micro so it can be run without a PC and have an IP connection. The ConnectME provides the CE OS and the X-Port is Borland-based. In either case I expect to recode some elements to fit within the capabilities provided by the lower-end OS.

Back