M1 Gold, disable keypad trouble beeps?

snakevargas

My battery in the panel has gone sour and it's going to be the end of the week before I get a new one. Yes, I know that entering the code and pressing asterisk will clear the trouble, but then it'll test the battery the next night and start beeping in the middle of the night again.

I'm wondering if there's any way to simply disable all trouble beeps on the keypads until Friday.

Also, is this forum still the place to go to discuss Elk products? It's been years since I've been here (system has been working well) and the traffic now looks much less than it used to be.

I don't think there is a way to disable the battery test.

You can adjust the keypad beep volume through the System Settings - Keypad Adjustments menu and set it to off.  But this will turn it off for all events, not just the battery test.  Just remember to turn it back on once you replace the battery.

This forum is fine for asking Elk-specific questions.  You could also post in the Home Security or Home Automation forums if you want a wider audience.

Thanks, this worked, the alarm is back on again, and I have not been woke up by any annoying beeps. I'll put it back to normal on Friday...

Back