M1 power backup!

Probably best to just leave the M1 on all the time and just run through a good quality surge protector. I do believe there are 2 contacts at the lower left part of the board that you can jump to start the M1 off battery only if you need to.

Spanky said:
I suggest if you are going to use a battery over 12 amp hours on the M1, add an auxiliary power supply. Like the Elk P624 to assist the M1's power supply to recharge the battery. Add the auxiliary power supply across the bigger battery.
I have two 8 amp hour batteries and the ELK-P624, what is the best way to wire everything?

Thanks.

Spanky said:
To make it even better, break the positive battery lead coming from the power supply through a relay on the M1 and write a rule to disconnect the auxiliary power supply before the 24 hour dynamic battery test. Let the M1 test the battery, then reconnect the power supply after the dynamic battery test. This way the test will only be testing the battery and the battery will not be aided by the power supply during the test.
Can you explain this more? Can anyone help with how I should wire in the ELK-P624 as an aux power supply? I have two batteries as well. Thanks.

Back