M1 wireless receiver

tuantu

Spanky

I have a client and her house is about 9000 sqft and I need to use some wireless.

My question is can you have more than one wireless receiver whether the soon to be released M1 receiver or the Caddx. If I remember correctly the current M1 can only accomodate one Caddx receiver whether it is 8, 16 or 48 zones.

The new wireless receiver can have several n the panel. I forget the number but it was at least 6. Possibly a lot more. There is a thread somewhere on here but I cant find it.

You are correct, the Caddx is limited to one receiver due to the way it hooks up. The Elk receiver hooks to the 485 bus and you can have multiples.

Digger said:
The new wireless receiver can have several n the panel. I forget the number but it was at least 6. Possibly a lot more. There is a thread somewhere on here but I cant find it.
Yep, it is up to 13. From the Spankster himself...

FYI:
ELK will be releasing a new GE/Caddx compatible Radio Receiver, M1XRF, for the M1 and EZ8 Controls hopefully in February. The M1XRF Radio Receiver gives the M1 family the capability of receiving 144 wireless zones. Up to 13 receivers may be placed on the M1 data bus for large buildings and signal redundacy. Multiple receivers can receive the same transmitter and each receiver sends the received data back to the M1 or EZ8 for processing.

It comes in a plastic box for remote mounting and has dual antennas for elimination of dead spots.

Back