M1 XEP - can't update bootware/firmware

aehusted

I am trying to update the firmware/bootware to the new version that is supposedly more email friendly. 
(currently at HW 1.0, boot 1.1.4, firmware 1.2.8)

When I try to do it via RP2, it tells me:
"Firmware is not compatible with existing Hardware or Bootware..." even when I try to update the bootware

M1G is at HW .11, Bootware 3.1.15, Firmware 4.3.12

Thanks for any advice!

aehusted said:
I am trying to update the firmware/bootware to the new version that is supposedly more email friendly. 
(currently at HW 1.0, boot 1.1.4, firmware 1.2.8)

When I try to do it via RP2, it tells me:
"Firmware is not compatible with existing Hardware or Bootware..." even when I try to update the bootware

M1G is at HW .11, Bootware 3.1.15, Firmware 4.3.12

Thanks for any advice!

Here are the instructions for updating to the latest firmware:

http://www.elkproducts.com/m1xep-version2-firmware

Be careful to follow the instruction carefully, I understand that if the upgrade fails you can not go back to the old version.

Mike.

Thanks for the reply Mike.
I followed the directions, but I get the message about the Bootware being too old whether I try the Bootware update or the Firmware update.

You might need to go in steps. If I remember right, there were at least 2 revs before the 2.X version came out.

I just looked at mine, HW is 1.0, boot is 1.2 and fw is 1.3.28.

I remember doing mine at least once, if not twice.

ah ha!
that makes sense.
How do i get the intermediate versions into RP2? it only seems to download the latest version.

aehusted said:
ah ha!
that makes sense.
How do i get the intermediate versions into RP2? it only seems to download the latest version.
I think that DEL was referring to the version of the firmware, not rp2.

Mike.

aehusted said:
ah ha!
that makes sense.
If you download an older version of xep firmware to the default file folder it will show up in RP2.

Mike.

Sorry, I guess I did not explain well. 
I am using RP2 to do the updates. I used RP2 to download the firmware/bootware updates, but it only seems to retrieve the latest ones for each device. So I have the most recent XEP firmware and bootware, but not any intermediate versions.
Is it possible to do the update from RP2 and use older firmware/bootware? If so, how do I DL them into RP2? 

Sorry, I guess I did not explain well. 
I am using RP2 to do the updates. I used RP2 to download the firmware/bootware updates, but it only seems to retrieve the latest ones for each device. So I have the most recent XEP firmware and bootware, but not any intermediate versions.
Is it possible to do the update from RP2 and use older firmware/bootware? If so, how do I DL them into RP2? 

See post #7. There is a dropdown box in teh upgrade window and it should show all versions that you have downloaded.

Mike.

Mike,
That is precisely my problem. I only have one version to choose from in that drop down. I cant figure out how to (1) get the other versions and (2) get them into RP2 so they will show up on that list.
Thanks again!
Alex

Have you downloaded the firmware update from elk and executed the downloaded file? I have four versions of the firmware in rp2.

Mike.

Thanks Mike!
I finally got the intermediate versions loaded in RP and then the process went like a charm.
it seems like it was necessary to go to 1.3.28 first

I have firmware versions

2.0.20 and
Would you be able to PM me one of these versions? I am having the exact same problem as the OP. I would really appreciate this help!
Thanks Mike!
I finally got the intermediate versions loaded in RP and then the process went like a charm.
it seems like it was necessary to go to 1.3.28 first
Do you have a copy of the intermediate version which solved it for you? I am having the exact same problem, and have not been able to find any older version of the bootware or firmware despite hours of searching online.

Back