M1XEP won't update bootware

IVB

I need to update M1XEP bootware & firmware, but every time I select bootware update it gives me a "firmware not compatible with existing hardware or bootware version".

I'm on wicked old stuff, hw v1.0, bootware v1.1.4, firmware 1.2.14.

I downloaded bootware 2.0.4, the "bootware update" button sees it, but its as if its attempting to update firmware not bootware.

On the latest ElkRP (2.0.34 i think).

Is there some place I can get Bootware 1.2.0? I tried updating firmware to 1.3.28 in case this was too big of a jump, but it won't install on bootware 1.1.4

IVB said:
Is there some place I can get Bootware 1.2.0? I tried updating firmware to 1.3.28 in case this was too big of a jump, but it won't install on bootware 1.1.4

It's been a while since I updated my XEP.  But I think that Bootware 1.2.0 file is included in the 1.3.28 firmware package.  If you don't find it there, I can send you the file.

WooHoo, success again! That interim step was what was needed.

Although the freaking thing kept defaulting to .0.251 after each step, and changing to DHCP took several shorts. But, its done now. On to the next step, ISY integration!

I'm having the same problem (except that my firmware is 1.3.10) and found this thread while Googling for a solution.  Is there some way I can get this intermediate bootloader version which apparently fixes it?

Thanks.

Thing is, its very easy to brick your M1XEP. How would you feel about that?

Not great, but it would be nice to not have to keep an ancient computer around to be able to run ElkRP.

Eug said:
Not great, but it would be nice to not have to keep an ancient computer around to be able to run ElkRP.

I can send you a copy of the 1.2.10 file for the XEP.  Send me a PM with your e-mail address.

But if you are already at 1.3.10, I'm not sure that this is going to help at all.  You should be able to upgrade from to the latest from there.

Email address sent.  Just to be clear, is that 1.2.10 bootware or firmware?  My bootware is 1.1.4, and I assume that's the obstacle.

seriously necromancing here, but is there any chance @Eug, @RAL or @IVB are still around and still have 1.2.0/1.3.10 floating around?  Just hooked up my (really, pathetically) old XEP and it is on 1.1.4/1.2.14 and I can't update to anything newer:(

I still have v1.2.0 bootware, and v1.3.26 and v1.3.28 firmware binaries, plus some tech notes on the update process.

PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send them to you. 

Back