M1DBH at the main panel and M1KP + M1OXVR

project_x

I have an m1DBH at my main panel, I currently have one run of the data bus hub in the garage going to an M1XOVR and would like to add a keypad in the garage. How do I wire this, I assume they need to be in series with a return? I just haven't got my head around it.

thanks,
Rob

With an M1DBH you'll need to homerun another cat5 to the keypad. Looking at the wiring diagrams for the dbh I don't think there's any way to just pop a few wires off your current oxvr and liven up a keypad.

You may be able to do this by clipping the return wires from the XOVR and then splicing to the keypad. Then have the keypad return wires spliced back into the original return wires of the XOVR. I hope that makes sense to you, but I don't know if it will work properly (should in theory.)

You'd be able to do it as Video says. The only problem you'll have is the 24/26 AWG wire in a category cable is too small to really power much, especially with an XOVR already out there, which is a pig as far as current goes.

Just make sure you don't have any terminating jumpers installed on either in the field.

You'll just need to provide a feed/return from the keypad data A/B back to the category cable.

Hopefully Elk doesn't mind me posting this - here's a wiring example from their web-site showing exactly what you want to do... I've done this in my garage to daisy chain multiple items on one leg of a DBH run.

Attachments

• M1-Data-Bus_multiple-devices-on-one-m1dbh-loop.pdf
    23.2 KB · Views: 33
Back