M1G and Cellular Monitoring

They must've recently gotten the UL, because a couple years back I asked them that specific question and they dodged it.....I asked if they were UL and what extent their UL was and they refused to answer.

BBB and CSAA don't mean diddly in the world of CS, UL does.

DEL slight correction: CDMA is used by Verizon and Sprint. GSM is used by AT&T and T-Mobile

Unfortunately, no, not yet. I'm working with a 5&7 year old to make sure they are comfortable with arming/disarming, and know the importance of using the alarm. We haven't talked yet about what will happen if they accidentally set it off. Our city only gives you 3 free false alarms, and will then start fining you, which is understandable.

I'm also making sure that a little keypad glitch I saw about two weeks ago is gone. So far, seems to be the case, thankfully.

I'm still leaning more towards the 4530EX, just because it's cheaper, requires less additions to the M1, and should be a little easier to wire up. After all the talk here, I am assuming I will be getting a separate power supply and battery backup, so am currently researching that now.

geogecko said:
Unfortunately, no, not yet. I'm working with a 5&7 year old to make sure they are comfortable with arming/disarming, and know the importance of using the alarm. We haven't talked yet about what will happen if they accidentally set it off. Our city only gives you 3 free false alarms, and will then start fining you, which is understandable. I'm also making sure that a little keypad glitch I saw about two weeks ago is gone. So far, seems to be the case, thankfully. I'm still leaning more towards the 4530EX, just because it's cheaper, requires less additions to the M1, and should be a little easier to wire up. After all the talk here, I am assuming I will be getting a separate power supply and battery backup, so am currently researching that now.

Ah yes the kids.  My daughter had quite the reactions to our first alarm install with all the accidental alarms we set off while getting used to having a system!  I am not sure who your monitoring co will be but usually when the alarm is triggered they will call you and a back up number first before dispatching the police, so you can have false alarms but the city won't know...unless you can't answer the phone that is! I will be interested to know what you decide for power and the 4530 as well, I have another thread just above that I started trying to finalize my power plan and install.

Back