M1G enrolling and elkrp

Hi,

Have a few questions regarding elkrp2 (I have the latest) and the M1G control.

I have noticed that there is an "enroll" button in the "upgrade firmware" message dialogue. Does this button have the same effect as enrolling through the keypad? I.e. can I enroll the M1XEP through the elkrp2 software rather than through the keypad?

Second: is there a way to find out whether a particular module is enrolled/not enrolled through the elkrp2 software?

Appreciate it.

George

Hi,

Have a few questions regarding elkrp2 (I have the latest) and the M1G control.

I have noticed that there is an "enroll" button in the "upgrade firmware" message dialogue. Does this button have the same effect as enrolling through the keypad? I.e. can I enroll the M1XEP through the elkrp2 software rather than through the keypad?
Yes. I would think so if you connect via serial, but besides needing a serial port expander I think I recall that only the onboard serial port can be used for RP - which must be used for the XEP.

For the 2nd question - you can see listed what is connected and their information but not what isn't connected. For that just use the enroll option. Of course, there may be something I've missed to show that but I would think the system needs to enroll it on the bus before it can even show its presence.

I am not sure I am understand what you mean by this:

"Yes. I would think so if you connect via serial, but besides needing a serial port expander I think I recall that only the onboard serial port can be used for RP - which must be used for the XEP."

I am connecting an M1XEP to the onboard serial port of the M1G. So in this situation, can I use the "Enroll" button to enroll the M1XEP, and other controls or not?

No. You can't connect to a device that isn't enrolled.
Use the keypad.

"Can't connect" as in "you shouldn't"? I can connect just fine to the M1XEP (as we speak), without enrolling it through the keypad ... That's the reason I am asking: I am seeing no negative consequences to the fact that I have not enrolled first the M1XEP through the keypad ...

Back