M1G not seizing telephone line

nadler1ny

Got the M1G up and running. installed the RJ-31X as described (Gray, Brown, Red Green) and the Telco Line (Blue/wh and White/Bl) and red and green to my panel. My phones work and I can access the M1 and operate it via telephone. However, I can't run a communication's test and it won't seize the line.

Should I try to switch the Red and Green on the RJ-31X? Can I damage the M1 by doing so? Should I try switching some other wires?

If a phone extension is wired with the incorrect polarity - would this cause the M1 not to seize the line?

Or did I setup something incorrectly in the M1. I followed page 22 closely (Communicator Setup Checklist) and programmed the M1 to call my cell as a test. But again, it won't seize the line.

Thanks!

Never mind. I answered my own question. Everything was wired correctly. And when I set off the alarm it seized the line. Since I don't have a monitoring service yet I had no test code programmed into the M1. That info came from the user guide page 20.

Well I have noticed that my M1 does not hang up after an external call.

Specifically -- I dial in, get connected, do some keypad commands, and then do "9" to end the session. The Elk Girl says "Goodbye" but she does not hang up the phone.

I can disconnect by hanging up at the remote end, of course, but I would like this to be a clean disconnect at both ends.

Back