M1G siren not sounding on alarm

I finally got my M1 setup. When I arm the system and then intentionally open a door the keypad beeps, shows alarm but the siren does not sound. Any ideas where to start looking?

Thank goodness, i got my internet connection working in the basement. Carrying this 20" CRT up and down the stairs has been a real pain.

So, output 1 is hook up to an ELK speaker which works for voice announcments when using the "send and say" button on the zone setup. Output 2 is connected to an ELK-45 .

Thank goodness, i got my internet connection working in the basement. Carrying this 20" CRT up and down the stairs has been a real pain.

So, output 1 is hook up to an ELK speaker which works for voice announcments when using the "send and say" button on the zone setup. Output 2 is connected to an ELK-45 .

I assume you are getting the voice alarm over your indoor speaker on output 1, but no alarm on your exterior siren on output 2.

Is it a software issue--Do you inadvertently have a delay programmed under Elk RP globals G26-G28 for output 2?

Is it a hardware issue--Is the Elk-45 siren up in the attic or under an eve? Can you bring it down and connect it directly to the M1? This will eliminate the wire run from the equation. Have you applied 12 volts directly to the siren to verify that the siren works (careful with your ears)? Do you have a voltmeter to measure the voltage on output 2 under alarm?

Good luck.

Did you specify "Voltage Out" for Globals 26?

I finally got my M1 setup. When I arm the system and then intentionally open a door the keypad beeps, shows alarm but the siren does not sound. Any ideas where to start looking?

The keypad beeps.... is this perhaps a zone programmed for an exit/entrance delay and the time has not expired?

It's a long shot, but are you sure you didn't accidentally set the user up as a duress code? The alarm certainly won't sound when a duress code is entered, but I would be surprised if the keypad gave an alarm status. That is why I'm not sure if this is really a possible problem. The good news is that it is easy enough to check.

I guess I should take a little more time to comprehend the OP's situation before answering :)

However, do the logs give any indications as to the alarm type (or lack of an alarm, etc). I think the logs will help point you in the right direction.

G26-G28
Output 2 hookup = voltage out (tried both, neithor seem to work)
Output delay before turning on = 0
OUtput 2 single alarm lock out = checked

Log
1173 = area armed
1003 = burglar alarm, any area (opened a patio door set for 03= burglar perimeter instant)
1146 = restore burglar zone (door was shut)

This produces a beep at the control panel, nothing on the indoor speaker, nothing on the siren.

IM getting about 1.86 volts at output 2
no change when a zone is violated.

G26-G28
Output 2 hookup = voltage out (tried both, neithor seem to work)
Output delay before turning on = 0
OUtput 2 single alarm lock out = checked

Log
1173 = area armed
1003 = burglar alarm, any area (opened a patio door set for 03= burglar perimeter instant)
1146 = restore burglar zone (door was shut)

This produces a beep at the control panel, nothing on the indoor speaker, nothing on the siren.

IM getting about 1.86 volts at output 2
no change when a zone is violated.
You should definitely be getting an indication of alarm through your speaker on output 1.

Maybe you set your zone to "Silent alarm"...?

Check the programmable cutoff timers and make sure they are not set to 0.
OK, dumb question. Where would I check them? Ive been looking all over.
forget it, I just found them. Man Im an idiot sometimes LOL.

What should I set them too? I tried 1 and same thing happened.
1 is definitely too low. Default is 600 seconds, as far as I can remember.
That did it, now on to fine tuning.

Thanks everyone.

Back