M1RB - What outputs are available?

DotNetDog

I have the Elk Listen-In interface (ELK M1TWA) which connects directly to the M1G main board's J16 connector. The M1TWA takes over outputs 7, 8, 9 and 10. There are also 3 jumpers that allow you to "override" these outputs for using rules to selectively control each of the 3 speaker zones. This "maps" the 3 speakers to OUTPUTs 11, 12 and 13.

This seems to mean that the M1TWA takes over OUTPUTs 7 through 13.

Now, I have a relay board (M1RB) that normally connects to the M1G's J16 connector. In my case it connects to the expansion connector on the TWA's board.

My question is...what outputs can I use? It seems that only OUTPUTs 14, 15 and 16 on the relay board are available to me?

I do not have a TWA but just read the instructions and that is the way I read it also, only 14 - 16 are available. Can the M1RB be returned for credit towards a M1XOVR? Or you could keep it and just add an M1XOVR and have 16 relays to play with...

I'll check tomorrow to see if I can return it...but I've had it for a while (6 months) and just now getting around to installing it. It's OK if I have to keep it.

In fact, at this moment I can only think of 3 things that I need relays for: 2 garage doors and the Elk water shutoff valve.

I'd have to check the documentation, as far as what's available where, but be wary, as the XOVR draws a ton more current than a RB, especially when relays are being powered.

Back