M1XEP Issues - No network response

Could someone with a working XEP take a photo of the board with all the lights on?
I'm wondering if there are any lights that should be on that are not, which might help me diagnose my problem

Here's mine (below the M1DBH).

index.php

Have you searched the Elk tech support forum?

Also I would try forcing the xep into dhcp mode following the instructions on page 18 of the xep install manual and then do a find using elkrp.

Here is a quote from elk support that may help:

Use the JP2 Jumper on the M1XEP and the Instructions on page 18 of the M1XEP Installation Manual to "Force the M1XEP into DHCP Mode (Green LED blinking once per second). Once the Green LED is blinking once per second remove the JP2 jumper, Allow the M1XEP to reboot (1-2 minutes) then Click Find. The IP Address the M1XEP is found at is it compatible with the Local Area Network? Highlight the IP, click Use Selected, click the TCP/IP Setting Tab to make sure the IP Address matches what was Found, Subnet Mask should be 255.255.255.0 and the Default Gateway should match the Router LAN IP, click COPY, close the M1XEP Setup and try the connection from RP. Do you have any other systems for example Control4, Crestron, ISY, AMX, etc which may be attempting to communicate to the M1 on Port 2601? If so please turn them off.

drvnbysound said:
Here's mine (below the M1DBH).

Thanks for the image. I have the same lights on my board :-(

mikefamig said:
Have you searched the Elk tech support forum?

Also I would try forcing the xep into dhcp mode following the instructions on page 18 of the xep install manual and then do a find using elkrp.

Here is a quote from elk support that may help:

Use the JP2 Jumper on the M1XEP and the Instructions on page 18 of the M1XEP Installation Manual to "Force the M1XEP into DHCP Mode (Green LED blinking once per second). Once the Green LED is blinking once per second remove the JP2 jumper, Allow the M1XEP to reboot (1-2 minutes) then Click Find. The IP Address the M1XEP is found at is it compatible with the Local Area Network? Highlight the IP, click Use Selected, click the TCP/IP Setting Tab to make sure the IP Address matches what was Found, Subnet Mask should be 255.255.255.0 and the Default Gateway should match the Router LAN IP, click COPY, close the M1XEP Setup and try the connection from RP. Do you have any other systems for example Control4, Crestron, ISY, AMX, etc which may be attempting to communicate to the M1 on Port 2601? If so please turn them off.
I followed this exactly when trying to resolve my issue a while back with no luck. Might be worth going through this process again now that I have plugged/replugged and adjusted my system.

Thanks guys.

Could also try a direct link to the XEP and then sniff out the IP address it might have, if it defaults to a known APIPA address or a DHCP on a different subnet.

Back