M1XIN Failure?

MarkJames

I have an M1XIN that is connected to an M1DBHR. It shares a port with a keypad. Both the keypad and M1XIN have worked fine for years and I've made no changes recently so I don't suspect address conflicts etc. The keypad still works fine so I know that the port is working.

I seem to have lost the M1XIN in my system.

When I enroll it doesn't show - I can't remember if it used to but it doesn't now.

The LED on the M1XIN doesn't blink.

There is 12.49VDC across the input to the M1XIN so I know that I'm still connected for power to the M1DBHR
Resistance across the data lines is 63.6 ohms

Within ElkRP all of the zones connected to the M1XIN show normal despite being violated

Is my M1XIN cooked and in need of replacement? Or should I be looking elsewhere before taking out my credit card?

Thanks in advance for any insight

Last edited:
The status LED on the M1XIN should initially blink 5 times to show that it is ready to enroll. Since you say the LED doesn't blink at all, that seems like a good indication that the M1XIN is bad.

The status LED on the M1XIN should initially blink 5 times to show that it is ready to enroll. Since you say the LED doesn't blink at all, that seems like a good indication that the M1XIN is bad.
Thanks.

I've gone ahead and ordered a replacement.

mark

Back