M1XIN will not show up for enrollment

Hello,

Little problem. I installed one (1) M1XIN 16 Zone Expander on my M1G. On that expander I put 8 motions to control lighting is specific areas of my house. All was good in the world, until I had power down the system for a few months to fix and improve a few things, upon reboot, everything seems fine except the expander does not appear to be on the sytem anymore. Which is strange because nothing changed regarding it and it is blinkly the one (1) steady light ever 2 second with should means all is good. I am at a lose at what the problem might be any help would be great.

Thanks,

David
"The Desperate DIYer"

Anyone,

Could a low battery indication on the keypad (which is another problem i have posted) have anything to do with this problem. I dont things so, but I thought I would add that info.

David

Whenever I have seen "odd" problems like this, I usually tracked them back to a bad RJ45 crimp/other bad connection. That being said, I would check/replace assocaited connection points....

Check the zone definitions in the M1 to see if they are programmed in the zones that use the expander. You might try using ELKRP and upload the control. Check all the Zone settings.

When you violate a zone on the M1XIN the status LED on the expander will come on until the M1 acknowledges the zone change. You can see if it is sending data to the M1 by looking at the status LED.

Spanky,

Dont mean to sound like a newbie and make you hold my hand, but how exactly do I do that? The Expander shows up as Zones 17-32, but I dont see anywhere that says you come from "this address" or "this expander" kind of thing.

I am not sure if this matters, but when you go to Send/Rec, then Enroll/Update Control and Devices the expander is not listed, even though the blinking LED of the expander says all is good.

When I define a zone on the expander, such as Burglar Entry/Exit, that zone immediately goes into "Violated", but there is no change in lights on the expander. This is really frustrating because everything seems to be wired correctly and it was working fine until just a short time ago when I repowered the system.

As always any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Is the expander zone defined as EOL, end of line resistor supervision?

If so, do you have an EOL resistor across the zone input terminals? This should make the zone secure. You will have to make the zone secure before you will see the transmission on the LED status light.

Back